What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The Osage Rub followed by the Lime Sec is very refreshing in the summer heat. :)

You can also mix them using the @OkieStubble Bootlegger's Arctic Lime Blast recipe:

1 Part: Osage Rub
1 Part: Pinaud Lime Sec

Description from the Wiki:

"If you are looking for a great lime scented aftershave with the added cooling of the arctic, then this is the blend for you. Pinaud Lime Sec is a sweet lime scent, very sweet (candy-like). Too sweet on its own, for many. Osage Rub tames the sweetness of Pinaud Lime Sec, and in return the great lime scent eliminates the medicinal scent of Osage Rub. Another great cooling summertime scent!"

Very refreshing combination that sure feels good! :)

YMMV :)
Thanks for the info my friend!

My wife might be coming by to beat the tar out of you later, as I am a "little girly man" and will give up your name in a hot minute to save my hide!

IMG_20200629_085008.jpg

GEM Junior'1907 + GEM stainless(10)/Lyakseyka_73 Поляна/Shavemac badger/The Novelist

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman

Ron R

Sunday Schick Shave- July 5th 2020- I think my Schick Twin ll blade is coming to end of its life in my Stick Schick injector razor with #32 shave on it. Its getting a little tugging and it has done its job with honors. Very impressive blade for longevity and comfortable shaves and its life is used up as of today. It still knocked off a CCS,DFS,BBS.

Razor: Stick Schick injector L type theme series- MFG 1973, interesting mild razor to look at and gives a nice shave.
Blade: Schick Twin ll injector(Japanese) excellent razor blade, great daily blade - good for 1 or 2 day growth to avoid plugging.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- great scent and excellent lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm - great brush for making later and applying, triple milled soaps no problem, good splay
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups'
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: great shave with my Stick Schick and Twin ll blade.
Sunday Schick shave july 5th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday Shave 20200705
shave 20200705_110140.jpg

Razor: Colonial General V2, Timeless TRH6 Ti Handle
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Keyhole w/24mm/48mm Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: A&E Asian Pear
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Post-shave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: A&E Asian Pear
Cologne: Classic Match Homme EdT Spray (Belcam version of L'Homme)

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Very satisfying Single Edge Sunday shave! :)

Ron R

Schick Sunday shave,July 12th 2020- The Schick 500 injector with hydro-magic is my longest safety razor in my rotation measuring 5 3/8 inches in length. A unisex razor that anyone in the family can use IMO for reaching those tough areas.

Razor: Schick Golden 500 injector hydro magic - Mfg 1957-64
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector
Soap: Razorock blue barber "what the puck"
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm synthetic brown whiskers- great lathering brush with those soft tips I enjoy!
Pre shave: Brush wash my face with Cerave hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my Schick golden 500 injector + hydro magic razor.
Schick Sunday shave, July 12th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Razor: Schick G6 injector razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200711_085939.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday Shave 20200712
shave 20200712_191101_2.jpg

Razor: @twhite TNNSER 3D
Blade: Ted Pella Personna GEM (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Brush Handle w/TNS 24mm BOSS Batch1 Knot
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: A&E L'Orange Verte
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum
Post-Shave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Fine L'Orange Noir
Cologne: G eàu Black Eau de Toilette Spray (clone of Acqua Di Gio Profumo)

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The @twhite TNNSER 3D razor is "too cool for school". This is a very effective and capable GEM blade razor. Some flexibility with the shaving angle - started somewhat steep and moved the handle up until I felt the best efficiency (it also worked going shallow and moving the handle down ;)). Smooth and efficient. Many thanks and much gratitude to @twhite for making these wonderful 3D Printed GEM based razors. :thumbup:

The @Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Brush Handle w/TNS 24mm BOSS Batch1 Knot brush, the A&E L'Orange Verte soap and Captain's Choice Copper bowl worked together to produce mounds of sumptuous, slick lather.

The Fine L'Orange Noir AS and G eàu Black Eau de Toilette Spray were synergistic with the A&E L'Orange Verte soap complementing each other and resulting in a wonderful scent that is highly praised by my Lovely Bride.

Pretty darn outstanding Single Edge Sunday Shave! :)

Last edited:
Schick Sunday

Razor: Schick Injector Type G
Blade: NOS Schick USA (1)
Brush: DIY M7 Boar 24mm
Soap&AS: Tabac
sotd_12072020.jpg

The first shave with this Type G. Quite an entertaining experience: this razor is noticeably different from those I'm used to. It was a quick shave (though easily achieved no-drama DFS). I'm going to revisit this razor more to better understand it.

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, July 19th, 2020

Razor: Schick E2 Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's-40's, nice mid range with a little blade feel.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector- very sharp with great longevity and excellent cost per shave.
Soap: Tabac- great soap with its flowery clean scent that I like & excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock noir 400 24mm synthetic-great lathering brush for all types of soaps and reminds me of a boar brush.
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my E2 Canadian variant injector.
Sunday Schick shave july 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom