What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
'Single Edge Sunday', 'The Daily Double' and 'Artist Club August' Shave 20200802
shave 20200802_143005.jpg
lissy shave cream.jpg
Pre-shave: Bowman Brothers Cognac and Cyprus
Razor (WTG): Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (4)
Razor (XTG/ATG x 2): @Blackland Razors Vector :001_wub:
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Soap: La Toja Cream
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: La Toja
Cologne: La Toja

WTG, XTG/ATG & XTG/ATG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Thanks to the @EclipseRedRing Artist Club August thread, I decided that it's high time I get to know my Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight a whole lot better. :)

Completed the entire WTG pass, including top lip and chin, with the Fearher SS. The two XTG/ATG passes were handled by the @Blackland Razors Vector. I am pleased to report that the combined shave was smooth, close, efficient, comfortable and effective.

First use of the Bowman Brothers Oil Based Shave Cream as a Pre-shave - hydrated my whiskers really well.

The @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive is definitely in my Top Tier of brushes.

The La Toja Cream, La Toja Aftershave and La Toja Cologne combination has quickly become one of my favorites.

A beautiful 'Single Edge Sunday', 'The Daily Double' and 'Artist Club August' shave! :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday PAL Shave, Aug 9th,2020
Pal injecto-matic instructions (2).jpg
Pal injecto-matic instructions 2 (2).jpg
PAL injecto-matic instructions 3 (2).jpg

I always enjoy the brochure's they send in some of the old razors, the artists made it very clear without Photo's how to use them and in great detail yet simplistic IMO.

Razor: PAL injecto-matic - Mfg 1952>? Great injector razor with a light touch gives a great shave. Million dollar razor?
Blade:
Personna injector- Very sharp and smooths out over time, great longevity & good cost per shave if it matters.
Soap: Taylor of old Bond street Sandal wood- great scent and good lather qualities. One of my favorite scents in soaps.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic with black marble handle- excellent lather generator, nice soft cloud feel tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a clear dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my PAL injecto-matic razor.
PAL Sunday Shave, Aug 9th,2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay safe in these times!

Last edited:
🦈 🦈 SHARK WEEK 🦈 🦈

Razor1: Gillette Trac II TwinJector Razor
Blade1: Schick Injector
Razor2: Gillette 1952 Black Tip Super Speed
Blade2: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200808_075813.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday Shave 20200809
shave 20200809_091209.jpg

Razor: Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch w/Guard (6)
Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector :001_wub:
Blade: Schick Proline (8)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Soap: Tallow + Steel West Indies
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Tallow + Steel West Indies
Cologne: G eàu Black Eau de Toilette Spray (clone of Acqua Di Gio Profumo)

WTG & ATG: Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight
XTG & Touch-up: @Blackland Razors Vector

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Went for the gusto today and did the WTG and ATG passes with the Feather SS Artist Club Japanese Straight. Smooth and comfortable - no blood-letting. Could have stopped there and been acceptable - somewhere in the CCS+ neighborhood. :)

The beautiful @Blackland Razors Vector brought things up to DFS++ with an XTG pass and minor touch-up. :thumbup:

I really enjoy using the @Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch brush. Extremely comfortable in the hand and lathers beautifully on the face.

Also have to mention that the Tallow + Steel West Indies Soap and Aftershave are both delightful. Nice face feel.

Very relaxing Single Edge Sunday shave! :)

Micromatic MMOC 3 bump
Personna PTFE 5
Caties Bubbles Vintage soap
Lucky Tiger aftershave and face tonic post shave
Finished with my Rockwell 6s
4 days growth (a lot more than normal)

Rating 10

The soap is very slick and I started as normal. Prep was good with hot shower. I started with the micromatic but it just wyasnt smooth. I did my cheeks and under jaw and finished with the Rockwell to a DFS++ or better with no nicks or cuts.

My question is how do I know when the Gem blade needs to be changed? Does it drag? The last shave was like butter. I only was on shave 5 with that blade. Did I have too much growth?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Aug 16th 2020

Razor: Stick Schick injector, type L theme series of different L injectors- Mfg 1973 mild razor & it does a nice job.
Blade: Schick twin ll injector blade- A very sharp and smooth blade with a history of longevity.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft, black whiskers- nice brush for a scrub and splays nicely with soft tips.Boar feel IMO!
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.(not much to shave after yesterdays close shave!)
Post shave: Italian barber Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Great shave with my Stick Schick injector with Twin ll blade.
Sunday Schick shave, Aug 16th 2020 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic
Blade: Personna Injector
Razor2: Gillette Old Type head on fat Tech handle
Blade2: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200815_075257.jpg

Prep and hot shower
Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
Personna PTFE blade (6 or 7 but last day)
A&E L'Orange Verte
Lucky Tiger aftershave and face tonic
Rating: 9

So I decided to clog pruf it today on two days growth. I did a two pass, WTG and XTG. The razor was dragging so I don't know if it was caused by the Prep or the blade. The blade is trashed and a new blade will be next in the feather weight. Maybe I left too much Prep on and didn't rub it in enough? I don't know. Proraso pre shave is coming today so I'm excited about trying that one.

Maybe next I won't use a preshave. It is new for me. I normally rub whatever soap I'm using in to my face then lather with my brush. I'm thinking this may be as effective as a preshave product, at least Prep. My face is very close but I think I get the same shaves, regardless. I guess tomorrow will be the judge.

I see two very small marks of irritation on my chin bacitracin should resolve, quickly. Other than that no cuts or weepers.

Repost
Lime SUNday
Relax shave in the afternoon with an expresso and music in the background The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel
I like to go crazy on a cheap soap with a big boar brush to bowl lather for 3 persons.
Finally a perfect shave 10/10. Thanks to the new blade. (Usually get few nicks when putting a new SE blade but not today)
Razor : Supply single edge v2
Blade : Ted pella personna (1)
Brush : Omega 83 boar
Pre : Proraso red sandalwood PS
Soap : RR What the puck Lime
Thayers witch Hazel lavender
Aftershave : RR Evil eye Lime

Stay safe guys, life can be good even in these days !
IMG_20200816_141545.jpg
IMG_20200816_142506.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v2
Blade: Feather AC Pro (1)
Brush: RazoRock BC Plissoft synthetic
Cream: Gillette Pure

Really fine shave today, very close with no irritation and I nearly nailed a one-pass shave in some spots; 9/10. It's almost second nature to shave with this razor now and someday I hope to be good enough with it to pull off a true one-pass shave.

Sunday Schick shave, Aug 16th 2020

Razor: Stick Schick injector, type L theme series of different L injectors- Mfg 1973 mild razor & it does a nice job.
Blade: Schick twin ll injector blade- A very sharp and smooth blade with a history of longevity.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft, black whiskers- nice brush for a scrub and splays nicely with soft tips.Boar feel IMO!
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.(not much to shave after yesterdays close shave!)
Post shave: Italian barber Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Great shave with my Stick Schick injector with Twin ll blade.
View attachment 1140720
That sir, is one fine setup.

Valet autostrop with feather spineless, tabac, yaqi synthetic brush and ogallala again, heard how it's hated by her again lol. First time with this blade ever, they were thrown in with a att se lol. Fabulous shave, really can't understand why these aren't loved more. Steampunk look razor and all.

Top Bottom