What's new

Single Edge SEptember 2020

Shave #9 in SEptember- Simply delightful, very close and comfy. No nicks, weepers or irritation.

Razor: Kai/Kasho Woody AC style
Blade: Feather Professional AC (6?)
Brush: Semogue 830 Heritas- this example is very soft for a boar
Soap: Cella Red
AS: Thayers Unscented followed by vintage Avon Wild Country

PXL_20200909_173614658.jpg

SEptember 9th, Shave #7/SE Shave #7

Dove +Men Pre-Shave
RR What the Puck Lime / 30mm Synthetic
GEM MMOC / Personna GEM (~8th)
Old Spice (Homebrew - Heavy on the Glycerin & Scenting Oil)
Soap Commander Endurance

Very nice BBS 2-Pass Shave, the MMOC rarely disappoints.

SEptember shave 7
I feel sad everytime I use this wonderful soap because I know company is out of business. It takes very few to get top quality and quantity lather.
Was goatee shaving day.
2 little nicks that disapeared with cold rinse. 9/10
Razor : Supply single edge v2
Blade : Ted pella personna (2)
Brush : Trafalgar T1
Preshave : Proraso red sandalwood
Soap : Reef point soaps : Test depth
Cold rinse and witch Hazel
Aftershave : RR Lime Evil eye
Stay safe and enjoy shaving
IMG_20200909_173936.jpg

IMG_20200909_174838.jpg

Hump day here already! These 4-day weeks are killers - 5 days of work in 4 days! At least I am working out of my house!

Soap: Institut Karite
Brush: Yaqi Alpine Lake Two Band Badger
Shaver: GEM MMOC
Blade: Ted Pella SS PTFE Coated - Day 7
After Shave: Razorock Irish Countryside Lotion

I have had this soap for a few years - I rarely use it but it seems to be OK to continue using. Very powdery smell but decent lather. It has shea butter which is supposed to be good for your skin.
746EDEEF-81AD-4705-878F-572314413009_1_201_a.jpeg

The Yaqi Alpine Lake is my favorite bargain brush - the handle is beautiful translucent acrylic and the badger is pretty good. I bought it for less than $20 from West Coast Shaving and there is nothing that I do not like about it!

Back in the '40's and '50's, GEM had a factory in Brooklyn about a mile from where I live - I wonder if my shaver was made there. Day 7 on the blade - still working OK, but I think I am ready to start a new one.

Irish Countryside is one of my favorite aftershaves (I have been to Ireland a few times and I do not recall it smelling like the A/S, but maybe I was not paying attention). I am not sure how to describe the scent - not at all powdery, but a very light and clean smell - kind of floral I guess. Not too strong, but it lasts a while - definitely something that would be OK to wear to the office. (If we ever go back to working in the office again!)

Razor: Schick J3 Golden 500 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Haslinger Shafmilch
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200909_073443.jpg

Shave #10 in SEptember- Very close and comfy- a few tiny weepers likely from the new blade, since I didn't feel them- result DFS++.

Razor: Feather DX folding
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (1)
Brush: Semogue 830 Heritas- I did the refrigerate in cold water/towel rub on this brush and the breakin is going well- there are few wild hairs
Soap: Arko stick- I guess I missed the little fellow
AS: Alum by the weepers, then Thayers Unscented, and a nice splash of Proraso.

Happy shaves all!

PXL_20200910_173038038.jpg

Ok, back with another SE shave today. No pics, but I used my Schick Model G (4th shave on the blade) Prep pre-shave, canned Gillette Barbershop Mousse shaving cream, followed by Thayer's witch hazel. Still a great shave on that blade. Thanks.

Top Bottom