What's new

Single Edge SEptember 2020

It's a week away. Single Edge September. What is that? It's where you shave with just a single edge razor for the whole month and share your journey with us. Here are links to the two previous years to give you a sense of what it is all about:

What are the rules? I don't think there is one beyond using a single edge razor to shave with in Sept. and post here the day you shave. Posts can be as brief or expansive as you wish. Pictures are welcome. Problems and successes can be discussed.

There was a time I couldn't get a good shave with a single edge to save my life. Cuts, irritation, missed stubble. I would have a bad shave and not pick up the razor for months.

Participating in my first SEptember made sure I shaved often enough to see improvements. With improvements I wanted to shave with SEs and more improvements followed.

I hope you'll join us, newbie or experienced.

Last edited:
I look forward to taking part in this. I am in the yearly restraint and during restock, I made sure to get some Feather blades that should fit my Valet razor and a RR Hawk. I originally planned on saving the Feather blades as a SEptember pick me up which proved easy because I became obsessed with my RR GC .84 OC and have used it almost exclusively all year.

It should be fun to try something new and to explore the world of SE razors a little more.

Thanks for starting the thread. I look forward to seeing everyone's shaves.

proxy.php

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I'll be more or less in! It's also Slantember so I'll have to split my attention. Happens all the time anyway. Then I get to keep using the OC slants during OCtober...

We need an SE Slant! Then we could have a club of "Twofers." But it'd be by definition a tilted slant, not a helical. I can't imagine the helical razor that would put that kind of hurt on an SE blade.

O.H.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'm in as well...I'm a heavy SE razor shaver and collector, so my plan is to do a "Schicktember" during SEptember and focus on my repeater/injector razors; but I'll also be doing Micromatic Mondays/GEMondays.....and I'll also confess to participating in Slantember in September as well. Whew, it's gonna be a lot of shaving.

I'm going to try and collect some stats for SEptember like I did for Slantember and OCtober last year....we'll see whether I can keep up with the volume this month -- it'll be good prep for OCtober! :001_smile

I think I've settled on a rotation. Three possible injectors: A Schick adjustable, a Schick Eveready G-Type, and a Pal Injectomatic. For GEM type razors, two Micromatics--an OC and Bullet Tip. But I'll start off with a Gem G-Bar:

Gem G bar 1.JPG

I think I might join in this year. I have 5 Schicks and 7 Gems, so that’s plenty of variety. My Gem razors never get the play time they deserve, so here’s the opportunity.

Top Bottom