What's new

Similar, and cheaper than Sandalwood Shaving Cream?

LEA Classic Shaving Cream, comes in a tube or a tub.

1592896248502.png
1592896363807.png

Last edited:
AFAIK the fact a shaving cream is described as sandalwood won't be what makes it expensive, or cheap. I'd be rather surprised if any sandalwood creams contain actual sandalwood, which is extremely expensive and increasingly rare. I believe sandalwood is just a type of scent, generally woody in character but differing widely from one maker to another.

Let me clarified the post, similar to Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl
I'm still a little unclear on what you are looking for. You want shaving cream in a wooden bowl? What about a plastic bowl? Or a tube? Because the wooden bowl adds a lot of cost.

It would also be useful to know what country you live in.

Actually, TOBS Sandalwood is not all that expensive. It's actually quite reasonably priced. And it smells nothing like the sandalwoods from Art of Shaving or Proraso (two others that I have tried).

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have two TOBS products...neither are sandalwood, but the scent of both is very strong and very good. They both lather and protect great...top notch in my opinion. I have Proraso White in a bowl...it's sour apple/lime scented...a bit on the mild side as far as scent, but it lathers and protects well. You might save $4 - $5 by going with Proraso Red.

Proraso Red is a sandalwood scent. I have the cream ($10) and the AS, and when I compare it to my TOBS sandalwood cologne, Proraso is more woodsy and TOBS is more floral.

Geo F Trumper has a sandalwood cream in a tube for about $14 for 75g, or a tub for just under $24.

Personally I wouldn't skip on price which usually results in lesser or poor quality TOBS isn't that expensive for a quality product, maybe proraso is the best alternative for a bit less

You can sometimes get Cyril Salter’s Indian Sandalwood cream cheaper than TOBS in my experience. I prefer the scent of Salter’s Sandalwood to TOBS and they list sandalwood essential oil in the ingredients too.
The scents are similar to my nose and both perform as well as each other.

LEA Classic Shaving Cream, comes in a tube or a tub.

View attachment 1116722View attachment 1116723
Funnily enough I have just acquired the shaving soap of this having been very impressed with the menthol cream!

Top Bottom