What's new

Body Shop Maca Root Shaving Cream replacements?

Curious to know, now that the Body Shop has filled for bankruptcy as thus no more, my all time favourite cream is unavailable and if anyone knows of anything in production that is even similar?

That or if anyone has a tub they want to get rid off? 🤣

Many thanks

Curious to know, now that the Body Shop has filled for bankruptcy as thus no more, my all time favourite cream is unavailable and if anyone knows of anything in production that is even similar?

That or if anyone has a tub they want to get rid off? 🤣

Many thanks
I think I've only used it once so far, so can't quite say.
However, it might help to list its attributes that you like. Is it super-slick for you, or whether you, perhaps, find it less drying on the skin than other soaps, or something else?

I am guessing that they aren't going away completely. Despite their physical stores closing, I see this product still available online and I'll also guess in the future they may either be solely an online entity or they will use other brick & mortar retailers to carry their products (or some combination of the above). They've got high brand recognition. I use other of their products so I am really hoping my prognostication is correct.

@jetboy where is the link for the online sale For USA members?

The official Body Shop Online Site is down for maintenance for the USA

Thank you

IMG_0331.jpeg

Sadly not!

I’ll just wait to see if Body Shop USA online comes back… or the actual plan, just get Taylor of Old Bond Street products moving forward!

Ugh. I didn't know they actually went out of business. I read they were having problems but didn't catch that news.

It's sad. I can't say I bought a lot of their products so maybe that's a sign of whatever the source of their problems was but it was one of the places I looked to for some things.

I feel in general like a lot of soap and personal care places I've frequented have shut down, mostly because the owners retire and don't pass it on. I'm starting to feel like there's a hole in the local and regional markets.

I recommend getting a cream made in the UK. I recommend Saint James of London. If that is too expensive, you could get Taylor's or Trumper's. Many people also swear by Castle Forbes as well.

If you want something made in North America, Canada to be exact, you can get some Crown Shaving Co. Eucalyptus and Spearmint cream. It is as good as SJOL or any other top level cream IMO.

Always wanted to try that one day

I do hate thinking of companies going under and having to find a thing you like again
hoping my choices do not go under :)

I just opened a new tub that I bought on sale for $7.00 in 2018. They had discontinued the original, Maca Root scent and put it on clearance sale. This new tub will last for years. I just tried to call them but was on hold for so long I gave up.

These days I wonder if someone still owns tubs or tubes of the original Body Shop cream which was a brownish yellow colour and smelt like some weird artifical banana.

I have two tubs of Maca Root left and possibly some part of a tube, so I'm good for now. Body Shop products were, to me, always more of a solid backup than my to go shaving cream. When Internet ordering wasn't as easy as it is today, I knew I could always cycle about ten minutes to my nearest Body Shop store and be assured of a A-/B+ tier product.

After Musgo Real turned to the Dark Side by killing off their wonderful original formula and replacing it with ick-smelling vastly overpriced crap, I've found Cyril R. Salter's tubs to be surprisingly good replacements. By chance the composition of the cream and my skin Really Agree with one another; the price is quite acceptable; and the scents are appealing in and of themselves. Nothing will replace the timeless grassy fragrance of Musgo, though :-(.

Top Bottom