What's new

Show Your Revolvers

timwcic

"Look what I found"
One of my carry guns. A SP 101 I keep loaded with hot 38's. It is Double Action Only with spurless hammer.

IMG_1815.JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Revolver smolver...get you one of those plastic semi-autos that have all of the class, appeal, and charisma of a lug wrench. :lol:

Thanks for bumping this thread back up.

CCED8F00-1BBB-417A-91C2-1BD2ABF45BF3.jpeg
I could have perhaps been talked out of this one as I have an opportunity to get a fine deal (potentially) on a 1972-73 era Colt Detective Special...pristine. But.....
The Colt factory has advised they are phasing out parts support for their older pistols. Not pleasant news. Methinks this Cobra will maintain its spot in the safe.

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
View attachment 860758 I could have perhaps been talked out of this one as I have an opportunity to get a fine deal (potentially) on a 1972-73 era Colt Detective Special...pristine. But.....
The Colt factory has advised they are phasing out parts support for their older pistols. Not pleasant news. Methinks this Cobra will maintain its spot in the safe.

Wise choice...have both.

You've probably already seen this, but here you can narrow down the date of mfg. by serial number.

Serial Number Data

Tried that...no go.
Had to call Colt-Turns out it is a 1981 3rd Generation. +P friendly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom