Loft: 48mm
Diameter: 24mm
Color: Brown-Black

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

here's the new shavemac in action.
great brush, made a wonderful lather with trumper cream and bowl.
the xxl brush holds an amazing amount of lather, this shot is after the first pass.
the trumper cream is nice, very smooth, altho my very slight pref would be the aos or t&h.
$gt sandalwood.jpg

^ My custom 21mm D01 is set at 50mm, and I think it's great. It seems like a much larger brush than its knot diameter would make one think. That has always surprised me. YMMV, and all.

Nice looking brushes, everyone!

-Andy

brucered

System Generated
This morning I received my second shavemac custom :001_tt1: with a knot of 24 and a loft of 50 :001_wub:
Hope you like!! :thumbup:

Very nice!

looks nearly identical to the one I recently picked up on trade.

mine may be 25-26 at opening, but either way, it's a lovely brush.

Got a new shavemac the other day. D01 hair, 19mm knot, 40mm loft, fan shaped, 173 handle, black-brown. My first intention was to order a flat top, but as much as I'm interested to test these shape I have the problem, that I find the aesthetics of a flat top unpleasing. So a fan. Here it is as it came out of the box:

$P1000599.jpg

I have already a shavemac finest, 22/44 mm in fan and that is my absolutely favourite brush. On the pictures you'll see it in comparison. The D01 blooms a lot, so the footprint of the 19/40 is the same or even a tad bigger than the 22/44 finest.

First two shaves showed, that there is not too much difference in the two. The D01 has a tad more backbone and a tad less scritch compared to the Finest, but this are very subtle differences.

Here both in full bloom:

$P1000608.jpg

So the black one in the photo is Finest? Wow, it could have fooled me for a D01, it looks that good! I've always said Finest is the best Shavemac value, Silvertip is not worth getting. Either Finest or D01.

Courtesy of the consumate gentleman and master artisan, Rudy Vey.

R7 handle in Russet and Gold
D01 2-Band 23/24mm knot with 48/50mm loft.

Rudy is putting the finishing touches and setting the knot...and then I should be experiencing shave heaven next week!
$IMG_4264.jpg

$IMG_4265.jpg

$IMG_4266.jpg

Top Bottom