What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

$IMG_0885.jpg

Ok maybe I shouldn't have started this thread. My bike AD was in check. Now i'm back to wanting an internal hub commuter, something like this;

proxy.php

proxy.php

I hear ya Rockminer, I have also been looking at a belt drive/integrated hub commuter. But then I also want a touring bike, after all of these years of going fast I really have the itch to slow it down and take in all of the beauty this country has to offer. I have already committed myself to a 500 mile trip from Buffalo, NY to Long Island, NY to visit some friends next spring or summer. So my next purchase looks a little something like this:
proxy.php

$image.jpg
My Santa Cruz Blur in Moab. Ano black Blur in Large. Thompson Seatpost and stem, avid disc brakes. Carbon Fiber FSA 175 mm cranks, All Avid XO components expect for the XTR front derailler. Fox TALAS front shock and Fox air rear. Stan's wheelset (Superlight, strong, and tubeless under 770 grams....yea) Chris King headset and hubs. Every bolt on her is titanium. I purchased the frame and put every piece on her myself, WTB Weirwolf 2.5 with stans goo and WTB Laser seat. Her name is Haley as she is skinny, sexy and black. (Sorry for the non PC talk) As you see it it is 24 lbs. 5 inches front and 4.25 rear suspension.
I also have a Giant TCR road bike and a KHS steel road tandem, but no pictures on them because road bikes are for leg-shaving, tight shorts wearing sissy girls. JK

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
Nice ride Timo. There is such a deep meaning when you purchase a frame and build it up yourself. Much respect from myself, I built a Schwinn Homegrown in 1998 from frame that was stolen and I still miss the old girl. Is that my mind playing tricks or are those Grip Shift XO shifters? Word on the street here (AKA my LBS via Interbike) is that SRAM is reintroducing the Grip Shift lineup for the XO and XX series next year. Since I really need to ride some Eastern States singletrack, I will be watching for that.

Wow! Good eyes. Yes, XO grip shift. I like nothing better then blazing downhill through a creek with a climb on the other side and I grab my grip ship and grriiippp, I just go from small ring to granny and all I hear around me are my buddies going click, click, click, click while I climb up and away.
The first time I used high end grip shift I fell in love. Plus they are easier and lighter.
i remember the homegrown, sweet ride. They did a metallic paint on some of them that looked like a million dollar Ferrari shimmering in all her glory. I have a pair of homegrown socks with the tomatos on them I wear from time to time.....Reminds me of the good ol days. You say you drive to church? Have you heard of B.O.M.B. Groups?

Last edited:
I hear ya Rockminer, I have also been looking at a belt drive/integrated hub commuter. But then I also want a touring bike, after all of these years of going fast I really have the itch to slow it down and take in all of the beauty this country has to offer. I have already committed myself to a 500 mile trip from Buffalo, NY to Long Island, NY to visit some friends next spring or summer. So my next purchase looks a little something like this:

Are you a member on MTBR? They have good size group of members who would like to hear and see pics of your trip. Some more eye candy, I know its a mountain bike, and not an internal hub, but I bet it's a pretty plush ride with the road tires.

proxy.php

This is the only pic I have at the moment, sorry its not a complete bike! I will try and get more pics of my stable and add them here...

Orbea Box1 DH frame Marzocchi Z1 FR1 150 fork. Stem is a junker just to hold it together, and seat post needs to be cut.

proxy.php

-Xander

Timo That's one good looking bike. I love the frame geometry of the Santa Cruz. Just curious, do you shave your legs before or after you ride the TCR? :001_smile

fast14riot When I lived in Florida, I had some Florida Gator friends who would have drooled over that bike.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice classic Ritchey Doug! Those are sweet ridin bikes, nice comfortable geometry with good responsiveness.

-Xander

It gets some trail use too, that's why those Time pedals are there. I think it's '89, was a Team frame, still running tubulars.

Well gents, seeing as the riding season is ending here on the East coast there is only one thing left to do for the season. Hang up the bikes? Maybe a few, but I had other ideas. Just ordered a set of Schwable Marathon Winter tires! 240 tungsten carbide studs for my Kona commuter should do the trick! Here's to temps in the teens, Bar Mitts, GoreTex Northwave shoes, and studded tires.

Well gents, seeing as the riding season is ending here on the East coast there is only one thing left to do for the season. Hang up the bikes? Maybe a few, but I had other ideas. Just ordered a set of Schwable Marathon Winter tires! 240 tungsten carbide studs for my Kona commuter should do the trick! Here's to temps in the teens, Bar Mitts, GoreTex Northwave shoes, and studded tires.

I'm sure you have it much worse in NY, but the winter temperatures are my favorite to commute in. I can go as fast as I'd like without breaking too much of a sweat and showing up to my destination soaked. I'm good with relatively light rains as well. Things get dicey around here when there's snow and ice out, so I try not to ride on that too often. Fortunately, we really don't see much of it.

Here's four of my bikes:

1990 Schwinn LeTour (daily commuter, grocery getter, etc)
proxy.php

2008(?) Redline R760:
proxy.php

2009 Trek 6000:
proxy.php

2011 Trek Speed Concept 7.0:
proxy.php

Other bikes are a beat up old Roadmaster MTB and a Haro BMX bike. Both are in need of repair...

I saw another member post a pic of his mountain bike and wondered how many of you are getting the itch to get back out on the trail/road?

Stock photo but pretty close to accurate. 2013 Prodeco Stride 500. It will do about 20-25mph with a 35 mile range on each charge. Tons of fun and you can use the electric motor alone, as an assist, or not at all.

I opted for the hybrid step-through version because the back of the bike is heavy due to motor and battery. So the step-through is more stable even if it looks a little like a girls bike.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 401
Top Bottom