What's new

Post Surgery Update, No Pipe for a While

Made it back from the hospital for lower spine surgery on Wed, Saturday evening, surgery went well. Now the part that really is unbelievable. The day after surgery PT came to my room to see if I could be released. Walked down the hall back to the room, now let's try this portable step. She had a safety belt to put on me, it wouldn't stay tight, she said, it will be ok. Stepped up the step then down, back up the fell down to the floor on my side and new left knee, she then fell on top of me, at least she only weighed 98 lbs. New knee sore, right knee, very painful, x-ray didn't show any fracture so hopefully will get better soon. Tonight still some back pain, nerve pain from back much better, knee sore. Going to be at lest a week before can venture downstairs, as soon as I can I'm going to have a pipe!!!!!! Thanks all for your thoughts.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Made it back from the hospital for lower spine surgery on Wed, Saturday evening, surgery went well. Now the part that really is unbelievable. The day after surgery PT came to my room to see if I could be released. Walked down the hall back to the room, now let's try this portable step. She had a safety belt to put on me, it wouldn't stay tight, she said, it will be ok. Stepped up the step then down, back up the fell down to the floor on my side and new left knee, she then fell on top of me, at least she only weighed 98 lbs. New knee sore, right knee, very painful, x-ray didn't show any fracture so hopefully will get better soon. Tonight still some back pain, nerve pain from back much better, knee sore. Going to be at lest a week before can venture downstairs, as soon as I can I'm going to have a pipe!!!!!! Thanks all for your thoughts.

My mom went in for a hip replacement a year or so ago. With 2 nurses helping her to the bathroom post-op she slipped and broke her ankle…she was in a rehab for 3 months. Granted she has osteoporosis, but man those nurses were worthless.

Hoping you recover well. I always enjoy your pipe of the day post. If there was anyone on this forum I’d trade cellars with it would be yours. We have similar tastes in brown leaf.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You are your own best advocate! Don't let them pressure you into doing anything that you don't feel is proper or safe!
I terminated physical therapy just a few weeks after surgery. There was nothing I couldn't do on my own and I don't think they knew what the heck they were doing anyway!
Granting that knee replacement is a lot more complex recovery than hip replacement.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

Good grief, what a torturous journey.

Get away from that facility, get home, and get better.

Top Bottom