What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters
As I continue downsizing to prepare for this impending nomadic lifestyle, my wife has kindly suggested that I whittle down my razor collection to fit into a small Rubbermaid tub.

Me:

View attachment 1707494
This is also a Rubbermaid container that may work for you. It is easier access. You may have a hard time to get to your items at the bottom of the box.
1692964644202.png

After recently removing most of my beard, I rejoined the wet shaving community. I had a beard for quite some time, since 2016ish. I moved two or three times and couldn't find my razors. I had my brush and soap from before on the counter. I'd use that to touch up the beard with a cartridge razor. I kept seeing Gmail ads for Henson razors, a mild version showed up a few days later. Watching YouTube videos on wet shaving I came across GeoFatboy, which led to an order from Shavenation for razors, soap, and shaving cream. Then I saw videos about the Leaf Twig, thinking that would be a good one also, so I ordered a Twig, their shaving oil and shaving soap. Then I saw videos about the Rockwell 6C razor with a 10% off code. I said to myself, self who doesn't like saving money? A Rockwell 6c and shaving cream showed up. I also watched videos of Razor Emporium, can you guess where this is going? Yep, a Rex Envoy, soap, brush, and blades were ordered. Then someone mentioned PAA, what the heck is PAA I thought, a quick search led me to the answer. I signed up for their email letters, I got one about the return of a limited-edition scent soap. Who doesn't want a limited edition soap in their collection I ask myself? So one order is placed, a second one is placed and now I have a basket for a third order from PAA. All in the span of a few days. I gave my Henson mild to my son who is just learning to wetshave. I have to replace that razor right? I have yet to replace the razor but I'm thinking about it. All this has happened while my wife has been out of town for 2 weeks visiting our daughters in Louisiana and Alabama, I pick her up tomorrow. Luckily my side of the counter is a mess with 150 things all over the place. Maybe she won't notice, till the PAA orders roll in. I have had many AD's in the past. GAD, guitar acquisition disorder, BPAD, bar-b-q pit acquisition disorder, the ever-expensive MAD, motorcycle acquisition disorder. The wet shaving acquisition disorders are not as expensive as my other ones. It is a cost-saving measure. Yeah, that's the ticket, I'm saving money now. I'll let you know if this flies with the wife.

After recently removing most of my beard, I rejoined the wet shaving community. I had a beard for quite some time, since 2016ish. I moved two or three times and couldn't find my razors. I had my brush and soap from before on the counter. I'd use that to touch up the beard with a cartridge razor. I kept seeing Gmail ads for Henson razors, a mild version showed up a few days later. Watching YouTube videos on wet shaving I came across GeoFatboy, which led to an order from Shavenation for razors, soap, and shaving cream. Then I saw videos about the Leaf Twig, thinking that would be a good one also, so I ordered a Twig, their shaving oil and shaving soap. Then I saw videos about the Rockwell 6C razor with a 10% off code. I said to myself, self who doesn't like saving money? A Rockwell 6c and shaving cream showed up. I also watched videos of Razor Emporium, can you guess where this is going? Yep, a Rex Envoy, soap, brush, and blades were ordered. Then someone mentioned PAA, what the heck is PAA I thought, a quick search led me to the answer. I signed up for their email letters, I got one about the return of a limited-edition scent soap. Who doesn't want a limited edition soap in their collection I ask myself? So one order is placed, a second one is placed and now I have a basket for a third order from PAA. All in the span of a few days. I gave my Henson mild to my son who is just learning to wetshave. I have to replace that razor right? I have yet to replace the razor but I'm thinking about it. All this has happened while my wife has been out of town for 2 weeks visiting our daughters in Louisiana and Alabama, I pick her up tomorrow. Luckily my side of the counter is a mess with 150 things all over the place. Maybe she won't notice, till the PAA orders roll in. I have had many AD's in the past. GAD, guitar acquisition disorder, BPAD, bar-b-q pit acquisition disorder, the ever-expensive MAD, motorcycle acquisition disorder. The wet shaving acquisition disorders are not as expensive as my other ones. It is a cost-saving measure. Yeah, that's the ticket, I'm saving money now. I'll let you know if this flies with the wife.
You know it is interesting how when you see an ad that item tend show up in the mail a few days later. It is magic how that works.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Around here, that's all very normal.

That's the problem.

Happy shaves,

Jim

"I'm in"
Category 1, BOSC in training wheels
Current Sith Name : Lord Newbious Saber-Maximus
Future Sith Name : Lord Saber-Maximus-Prime

Random thoughts : What am I thinking? training to be part of the loonies? Does that need training or enablement?
Corey, the three steps for full BOSC membership (as per the OP) are:
  1. Vote Category 3
  2. Post "I'm in"
  3. Add BOSC to your signature
Please remove "BOSC Category 1" from your signature, as such a thing doesn't exist. If you do intend becoming a BOSC Member (once you get to Category 3) you could replace "BOSC Category 1" with something else, e.g. "BOSC Wannabe."

Corey, the three steps for full BOSC membership (as per the OP) are:
  1. Vote Category 3
  2. Post "I'm in"
  3. Add BOSC to your signature
Please remove "BOSC Category 1" from your signature, as such a thing doesn't exist. If you do intend becoming a BOSC Member (once you get to Category 3) you could replace "BOSC Category 1" with something else, e.g. "BOSC Wannabe."
Hear me out!

Don't you need to learn how to walk first before you can run?

I first used a DE on 9/21 and on 9/28, I'm checked in to the BOSC! :eek2:

Top Bottom