What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Of course, all members are free to make up their own BOSC avatars. :yesnod:

I think my current avatar is very BOSC-esque..... :letterk1:
127110.jpg

It's how I look after a private session with Big Nurse. :eek2:
NurseRatched.jpg

Alright inmates, time for a group therapy session!!

So, recently I somehow stumbled onto having a life coach. How that happened is a story for another day. Also, since mostly what we do is talk and enjoy each other's company, we've decided 'loaf coach' would be a better appellation ;) To cut to the chase, for quite some time (we've known each other for many years) she's suspected I fall into the neuro divergent tribe. So she gave me a questionnaire and sure enough, I do score quite high for ADHD, OCD, and General Anxiety. I still need a proper assessment; that will take time down to getting a referral to someone who knows their stuff and waiting lists etc.

We've also been doing exercises where I examine memories that have strongly affected me throughout my life. Bottom line: many things I've been upset about for a long time are in fact distorted memories. This, combined with knowing who and what I am now has had an incredibly liberating effect. I now live mostly in the moment, have heightened sensory input which brings me great joy, and finally have a 'happy childhood' so to speak. The price for all this is frequent lapses in concentration and memory. Given I've never been happier I'll gladly pay that price.

Mods, if this goes against board guidelines, my apologies, please remove this post if that's the case.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Alright inmates, time for a group therapy session!!

So, recently I somehow stumbled onto having a life coach. How that happened is a story for another day. Also, since mostly what we do is talk and enjoy each other's company, we've decided 'loaf coach' would be a better appellation ;) To cut to the chase, for quite some time (we've known each other for many years) she's suspected I fall into the neuro divergent tribe. So she gave me a questionnaire and sure enough, I do score quite high for ADHD, OCD, and General Anxiety. I still need a proper assessment; that will take time down to getting a referral to someone who knows their stuff and waiting lists etc.

We've also been doing exercises where I examine memories that have strongly affected me throughout my life. Bottom line: many things I've been upset about for a long time are in fact distorted memories. This, combined with knowing who and what I am now has had an incredibly liberating effect. I now live mostly in the moment, have heightened sensory input which brings me great joy, and finally have a 'happy childhood' so to speak. The price for all this is frequent lapses in concentration and memory. Given I've never been happier I'll gladly pay that price.

Mods, if this goes against board guidelines, my apologies, please remove this post if that's the case.

For the record, a "life coach" is not a medical professional.

What they do may or may not be helpful or good or well done (I'm not badmouthing it) but it for sure, 100%, is nothing medical by any stretch of the imagination.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I concur wholeheartedly, and appreciate you've pointed this out in my best interests.
Not to worry my friend, I am on track to getting a comprehensive assessment :)

I was pointing it out for the mods. They get confused now that some of them are BOSC inmates. The voices told me to help.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Also, it occurs to me that this scenario is a 'perfect storm' for cognitive dissonance. Maybe we should hit the call button and ask Big Nurse to sort this out ;)

Life is so much more fun when you live mostly in the moment!!

As I once defined the GFT soaps as -

An expensive gift to be given to someone you hate so that they can suffer the miseries of the poor lather and still can't complain because it is an expensive soap.

Being a proud BOSC member I gifted a GFT Violets soap to myself recently :letterk1:

It was exactly what I described and I really couldn't complain about it for the same reason.

So I worked on GFT Violets during this month continuously and forgot Stirling, B&M, Arko, Tabac provide exquisite lather and how easy they are to work with.

So after almost 2 weeks of using it I've found a great balance of lather (stable) and hydration and the shave was exquisite.

Now I'm looking forward to using and finishing this soap so that I can purchase another GFT soap and this time it'll be with the wooden container.

We learn to respect and love what we have after suffering from hardships, GFT has rejuvenated my love for my already purchased soaps and in a way cured the - "what's next" feeling, at least to a certain degree.

This is a fleeting moment of clarity which dawned on me after suffering from extraordinary difficult times (GFT soap).

Ps: I'm in no way cured and still a long term (full term), proud BOSC resident, no matter how traumatic I still look forward to the next visit of Big Nurse.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
As I once defined the GFT soaps as -

An expensive gift to be given to someone you hate so that they can suffer the miseries of the poor lather and still can't complain because it is an expensive soap.

Being a proud BOSC member I gifted a GFT Violets soap to myself recently :letterk1:

It was exactly what I described and I really couldn't complain about it for the same reason.

So I worked on GFT Violets during this month continuously and forgot Stirling, B&M, Arko, Tabac provide exquisite lather and how easy they are to work with.

So after almost 2 weeks of using it I've found a great balance of lather (stable) and hydration and the shave was exquisite.

Now I'm looking forward to using and finishing this soap so that I can purchase another GFT soap and this time it'll be with the wooden container.

We learn to respect and love what we have after suffering from hardships, GFT has rejuvenated my love for my already purchased soaps and in a way cured the - "what's next" feeling, at least to a certain degree.

This is a fleeting moment of clarity which dawned on me after suffering from extraordinary difficult times (GFT soap).

Ps: I'm in no way cured and still a long term (full term), proud BOSC resident, no matter how traumatic I still look forward to the next visit of Big Nurse.
I'm sure she does too, lol.
giphy.gif

Well I came back to B&B after a hiatus, and, began shaving everyday again a few months ago, and, it has done wonders for my depression which caused me to fall into AD for razors and brushes. I already had it for soaps and after shaves and have enough of both to last a few lifetimes and still acquire more and more every month.

I have been lurking in BOSC and SASA for some time, and, decided to make both official since I spend most of my free time on B&B, and, am definitely CRAZY, not to mention the fact I clearly fall into category 3.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Well I came back to B&B after a hiatus, and, began shaving everyday again a few months ago, and, it has done wonders for my depression which caused me to fall into AD for razors and brushes. I already had it for soaps and after shaves and have enough of both to last a few lifetimes and still acquire more and more every month.

I have been lurking in BOSC and SASA for some time, and, decided to make both official since I spend most of my free time on B&B, and, am definitely CRAZY, not to mention the fact I clearly fall into category 3.
Oh big nurse, big nurse, we got another one! :a16: :letterk1:

Two more steps for full BOSC membership (as per the OP) Michael:
  • Vote Category 3
  • Post "I'm in"
  • Add BOSC to your signature
:wink2:

I did vote already a few weeks ago, but, I did not use the words I'm in I suppose. I will remedy that now by saying I'm in. Did I mention that I'm in?:c9:
Two more steps for full BOSC membership (as per the OP) Michael:
  • Vote Category 3
  • Post "I'm in"
  • Add BOSC to your signature
By the way. I'm reading through the thread for science, BOSC has been busy.

Last edited:
I did vote already
Whoops! Sorry Michael, I looked through the Category 3 list and missed it completely.

I just looked again and there it was lurking in the middle of that ever moving list (rather than near the bottom which is the usual landing place for new entries). Please accept my apologies.
Did I mention that I'm in?:c9:
Welcome to the madhouse, Michael. :punk:

Big Nurse will be around shortly:
NurseRatched-MedicationTime.jpg

Top Bottom