What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters
I just placed an order with Italian Barber; I bought American Barber, Razorock X & XX shave soaps and matching aftershaves. I couldn’t resist their Black Friday sale they have going on now.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have a confession: Since joining nearly a year ago, I have been curious about the many BOSC avatars. Noticing that many members use an avatar highlighting their favorite soap/blade/razor, I always wondered "what is this BOSC" brand so many are so fond of. Hmm. Not on Google, Maggards, or Amazon. Maybe it is some exclusive artisan like Wolfman. What's with all these avatars calling out BOSC . . . BOSC . . . BOSC . . . .

I finally employed the B&B search function. I feel like the guy in the joke "I was walking one day past the mental institution . . ."

. . . All the patients were shouting "13 . . . 13 . . . 13 . . . ." I could not see over the fence, but I saw a little gap in the planks and looked through to see what was going on. Some bastard poked me in the eye with a stick. Then they all started shouting "14 . . . 14 . . . 14 . . . ."

You might need a priest.

Or an exorcist.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
OCD Enhancer. Why go to all this trouble? You know why! (meme).jpg

Big Nurse has acquired her "Christmas Medicine."

Developing Behavioural Issues outlined below.

Shaving Oddities and Developing Scenarios (S.O.D.S):

1/ Messing around with scissors cutting up old razor blades to make 'Shims'. Purpose unknown. "To make my Tech work better" (Sic)
2/ Delusions of belonging to the Excalibur Club.
3/ Wants to acquire carbon steel blades to go in subject's 'collection' of Vintage razors. (One Gillette 1948-9 Superspeed) "I want to replicate the immersive shaving experience of using my vintage razors (Sic!) with blades that best mimic the time period" (Sic)
4/ Lathered up some Castle Forbes Lime shaving cream in an old plastic Sainsburys coleslaw pot and then put the lid on. "Want to see if I can create a lather that can last for some months, which I can re-animate at any time by mixing with brush" (Sic). N.B. Maybe a relationship with (2) above.

The subject has been a forum member for just over 3 weeks.

D/E shaving experience before joining forum: 3 weeks and 4 days.

Last edited:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Welcome, @Alum Ladd !

Have to say, though, I‘m concerned about the symptom of Imposter Syndrome showing up in this quote:

belonging to the Excalibur Club

If you are working to improve the comfort and closeness of your shaves and using extended blade use as a proxy to represent the increased comfort you’re creating, you are in the Excalibur Club 100% and more.

You‘re crazy enough to join that club; you’re crazy enough to doubt you totally belong to that club; you’re crazy enough to join this club and share your plans for more craziness. Again, welcome!

Top Bottom