What's new

Shipping Shaving gear around the world

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I believe I believe that the USPS recently received this from the company that we use for shipping software. Why we are treating our friends in Australia this way I have no idea. Sheer insanity.

View attachment 1338193
I believe that the USPS is claiming that they have problems securing suitable transport for postal items to Australia. That is an interesting claim as Australia Post have no problems (except for normal delays) shipping to the US.

For those that are in the EU it's no longer cheap to order stuff from anywhere else outside the EU. I've stopped buying stuff from Aliexpress, UK, US, Japan and others for that reason, since I have to pay VAT no matter how much the value of the goods is even if it's 1$. I have to rely on family members that are in some of those countries to buy whatever I want, but I have to wait God knows how long before they decide to come back with their main luggage instead of a just a small one in the plane, since blades and sharp objects are not allowed.

I've bought most of the things that I always wanted, but there're a still a few things that I need and more and more stuff come by all the time. For that and many other reasons I hate the EU with passion. A bunch of people decide how things are going to be in almost the whole continent. This is madness and it reaks of a dictatorship imo.

For those that are in the EU it's no longer cheap to order stuff from anywhere else outside the EU. I've stopped buying stuff from Aliexpress, UK, US, Japan and others for that reason, since I have to pay VAT no matter how much the value of the goods is even if it's 1$.
FYI, AliExpress sometimes dispatches from within the EU. My dashcam came from Poland.

I'm curious about getting items from the UK sent to an address in Northern Ireland and going for a day trip to collect.

FYI, AliExpress sometimes dispatches from within the EU. My dashcam came from Poland.

I'm curious about getting items from the UK sent to an address in Northern Ireland and going for a day trip to collect.

Yes, some of the sellers on Aliexpress have some of their items stored across Europe and it's possible to avoid the VAT, but not many i'm afraid. I think at some point most of the Chinese sellers will establish a more permanent foothold across Europe and are still going to sell their items and bypassing the VAT tax for their customers. I see an increase of Chinese shops around and even some of the workers are Chinese.

I get that the whole idea of the VAT is to buy things locally and boost the local economy, but the items I seek most of the time can't be found in the EU or they are very expensive and on top of that i'm from Eastern Europe and we don't earn as much as those in Western Europe does, so it's it's even more unfair for us.

One thing I found out a while ago is that some of the big courier companies like FedEx and DHL offer special rates for account holders. I don't remember where I found this, but apparently it's a simple matter of the vendor signing up for an account and asking for special international rates that they then pass on to the customer.
Maybe if somebody has a close relationship with one of the shaving related vendors, they can ask them to try it out.

I buy from wholesalers In the EuroZone only.

Purchasing items from elsewhere is only done when an item can't be found in an E.U. country.

( My son is a NZer and I know, that many items aren't available locally there )

Last edited:
Top Bottom