What's new

Shaving your Head?

I've been shaving my head for a few years and used to use the Mach 3. Instead of chucking it, as the cartridges are/were expensive, I used it to shave my head until the cartridges ran out - now it's purely DE, has been for 18mth.

I usually head shave twice a week using the brush and a cream or soap I am no longer crazy about. I don't really have the heart to throw them out, so by using them for head shaving puts them to good use.

I shave the back by using 2 mirrors, the main shaving mirror and the other is on the bathroom cabinet, just a case of getting the angle right from the 2. Then finally feeling your way with the other hand. A 3 pass scrape is all I need to get smooth.

The real tip is go easy! In the past I have had a few nasty skinnings by going too fast and getting carried away. I didn't half yelp the time I skinned the very top with the Slant-Bar razor and a new blade....:w00t:

You know when you take the top off a soft-boiled egg with a knife?...a bit like that!! :biggrin:

I am new to DE face shaving, and agree with everything about it.

Head shaving, however, has greatly benefited from technology. I know you have heard about it, but I am going to put my 2 cents in for the Headblade.

Took me a week or two to get it down, but once I got the hang of it, I could shave my head in the shower in less then 5 minutes.

I also started with the most expensive blades for it (the Sensor 3 blades), but recently picked up a cheap(er) pack of 2 blade cartridges (forget if it was the plain sensors, or Atras) and the cheap 2 blades cut 10 times better then the 3 blades.

For me, the ease, comfort, and lack of nicks I get from my headblade out weigh the cool factor and nostalgia of using a DE on the dome.

YMMV

I'll second this-- I so wanted to be one of those guys who uses a DE for my noggin, but the headblade just did such a better job. I will say though, that the knock-off sensor blades did jack squat for me. The Atras on the other hand, do a bang-up job! Invest in a $14 Headblade sport... the ol' gulliver will thank you.

As always, YMMV

Top Bottom