What's new

Shaving the back of your neck

I made a three-panel mirror so I could do this. I got the idea from a barber supply store that sells three-panel mirrors for DIY haircuts. I bought three $6 mirrors from Walmart and connected them to each other (so I could fold them up and put them away) with wire ties and a staple gun. I store them under the bed. I set them up on my bathroom counter and sit on a small child's chair so my head is the right height. It works great.
CW, that's brilliant!

Get out your straight razor and a mirror. The back of you neck is way tougher than your face and straights work very much like it does on your arm. Just make sure that you lay the blade as flat as possible while holding the blade our completely straight. Just give it at try you will be amazed how easy it is. First go with the grain, then against the grain. Happy shaving that equals a barbers shave!

Just be careful, I've had to fix a lot of men's haircuts that tried to shave their own neck.
Sometimes it ends with, "how do you feel about joining the marines?"
I can't put hair back.

I shave the back of my neck with a cartridge razor. I do it in the shower. As long as I shave my neck every few days, I do not worry about the razor clogging. If I waited a week or more, that would be an issue.

Top Bottom