What's new

Shaving soap for sensitive skin

I only had it happen once.... but my skin didn't recover fully for three weeks.. and I'm not exaggerating. It sent me to my dermatologist..... and I've been using unscented soaps since.

Yikes. I don't blame you for being paranoid then. Luckily I can use scented products but I have to be careful about them. There are loads I just avoid. Not just because they aren't my thing but because they seem more risky to me based on past experiences.

Hello! Please recommend shaving soap for sensitive skin from those listed below.

1. Zingari Man (Sego base).
2. Barrister and Mann (Omnibus base).
3. Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow).

Thanks!
Zingari Man...since that is all I have tried on this list😁. ZM Explorer & Socialite were not irritating or drying in any way. (beware Socialite has a hefty menthol kick). She also produces an Unscented. Some soaps get a little tingly & drying if they sit on your face too long even if it isn't a chemical reaction - Zingari Man is about as stable as they come. Everyone has an opinion about scents and the best top-tier base, but no true complaints about performance or reactions. It seems like a well-rounded soap to me. Note ZM is fairly hard (for a non-aged soft pour) and sold in 5oz containers when comparing other artisan soap prices.

For me, Canada Shave Soap trends toward the skin-drying side while lollygagging. Do not get me wrong...it is an easy-lathering, slick, unscented shaving soap with limited ingredients. And it lasts forever. But it is also not on your list and has a fairly high Cost of Entry with limited availability.

2nd/3rd/4th the Stirling Unscented Beeswax recommendations. Can't go wrong for sensitive skin. It benefits from some rehydration during the shave...on my face, but is as benign as they come with a perfect post-shave feel.

I recently tried Cella Extra Extra Bio in a tub/jar. Don't care much for the scent, but the soap itself is great. Slick, stable, moisturizing, happy skin. Marketed toward the masses with no ingredients that are known problems.

Proraso is another safe bet as previously mentioned. Very few skin complaints for such a widely available product. Nope, not exciting, but I have never had a bad shave that could be blamed on either the red or green creams. White would be the spot to start.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Marduk85:
Ever try?;

full

Proraso Shave Soap: Sensitive (skin), - White

proxy.php
“Shaving is an art and a pleasure". Proraso Motto

Last edited:
Skin reactions can be somewhat specific to an individual. If you want to be safe, go fragrance free, avoid lanolin, SLS, menthol and synthetic ingredients in general.

Tallow MWF is the only soap on your list I've used. It has lanolin, so may cause problems for some people.

A soap I can suggest is Signature Soaps Capra. This is a totally fragrance-free soft soap made with natural ingredients and goats milk. It is made by a UK artisan, Brian Hood. Pasteur's stocks a lot of the Signature Soaps but they are currently out of the Capra. There is a similar soap called Indodorus that does not have goats milk, though.

Another plug for Proraso white. It is the only soap that has always worked for me, and I have owned quite a few well-regarded brands of soap.

Top Bottom