What's new

Shaving and the environment.

By all means, do your thing. But...Every member on this forum switching to dry shaves via pale moonlight with a re-sharpened blade would offset the carbon footprint of one steel mill(even one in the US) by 0.0%.

All good if it helps one sleep better at night or get laid, but i just dont see the point of the extremes. To each their own though.

I think this whole concern is about changing the mindset. You're absolutely right, as individuals we can't do much, and I am sure wetshaving won't save the planet on its own. But consider this: I guess the average age of B&B members is 40+ which is exactly the age when people slow down with changes and stop adopting to new things and different thinking. With wetshaving we are a bit traditionalist anyway and traditions are hindrances to change - in general. Even so, this community, on its own, raise awareness of environmental issues, factor in recycling and waste reduction, etc.

It's a good thing in my book, that all means all the propaganda and agenda (good or bad) goes under the green umbrella have some effect. It's not necessarily offsetting the impact of other aspects of our lives, our hobbies or business, but we incorporate it into our thinking, we are understanding better and we are changing.

Funny enough, we are heading back to our fathers' way, avoid disposable things, value and reuse things, repurpose things, etc. Ok, now it's for a diferent reasons, but still, we are getting smarter in our ways.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Ok, so a question for the record, old shaving cartridges, should and can go into the recycle bin? Yes or no?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you're an avid cart shaver and concerned about the cart disposal- look into the Maxwell June razor.
A cart type razor that uses a double edge blade folded in half to make a two blade cart clone.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If you're an avid cart shaver and concerned about the cart disposal- look into the Maxwell June razor.
A cart type razor that uses a double edge blade folded in half to make a two blade cart clone.

I use just about all the different types of razors there are. DE, SE, Straight, Shavette, Injector. I use and enjoy the Trac II mostly when traveling but sometimes at home mainly for nostalgia purposes because it was what I began with in 1976 as a teen.

I am conscious of doing all I can to conserve water, recycle and whatever. Until your post, I have been unknowingly throwing my carts into the recycle bin for years.

I hope I haven’t caused anyone any danger at most or inconvenience at least by doing it?

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I use just about all the different types of razors there are. DE, SE, Straight, Shavette, Injector. I use and enjoy the Trac II mostly when traveling but sometimes at home mainly for nostalgia purposes because it was what I began with in 1976 as a teen.

I am conscious of doing all I can to conserve water, recycle and whatever. Until your post, I have been unknowingly throwing my carts into the recycle bin for years.

I hope I haven’t caused anyone any danger at most or inconvenience at least by doing it?
My understanding of how it generally works is valuable items are pulled off of a belt. The end of the belt is landfill, so I'd say the odds of danger are slim and a few carts here and there aren't a big deal, they just took a minor detour enroute the trash heap.

Top Bottom