What's new

ShaverBoy Butterfly Razor

Hi All,

I'm thinking about getting a ShaverBoy butterfly razor. It has a brass handle and a stainless steel head. No aluminum or pot metal. The ShaverBoy blades don't get the best reviews but the razor looks very nice and I like the fact that they use brass and stainless steel. Has anyone tried this razor? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks,

uid:0

R

romsitsa

The head looks to be plated and stamped from rather thin material. I’m not saying it’s not stainless steel, but I have my doubts.

Adam

Well , looks OK; based on the reported weight, it's not the most sturdy thing.

If this is your first razor, Get a RazoRock QuickChange razor , they are inexpensive and good. Or one of their 3 piece razors. Yes they are probably zamack, but will last a long time.... and by then, I bet you will have more razors (this is what I did)

If you only want one....Razorboy might be OK.

The head looks to be plated and stamped from rather thin material. I’m not saying it’s not stainless steel, but I have my doubts.

Adam
I see what you mean but I emailed ShaverBoy and they confirmed that the head is stainless steel.

Adam

I’m in agreement with this. I think they are stretching the term “stainless”...if It were me I’d drop an extra $20 and buy a tried and true definitely stainless Razorock.

I’m in agreement with this. I think they are stretching the term “stainless”...if It were me I’d drop an extra $20 and buy a tried and true definitely stainless Razorock.
Agreed that 'stainless' may be an embellished and inaccurate description. After all, if it were stainless for $29.95, everyone would be rushing to buy one. Often the Chinese take liberties with descriptions of their products, and vendors simply parrot those descriptions.
I recommend 'taking a bullet' for the rest of us & buy one. Once you have it in hand, you can better ascertain if it's stainless, or the more likely chrome-plated zamazk. Either way, it may prove to be a capable shave.

Top Bottom