What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

New week, new setup. Glad to move on from travel kit. Minimalism is fun, but not for a very long time. Looking forward to more enjoyment with:

Pre: Stirling Bay Rum oil
Soap: Tallow & Steel West Indies
Brush: Essentia Olive Wood and Horse
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium
Razor: ATT Atlas S2
Finish: Plum Island Bay Rum oil

proxy.php

For the upcoming week (my week starts Saturday):

Razor: Schick Type - G
Soap: Soap Commander Integrity
Brush: Assorted

Hope y'all have a great week of shaves!

Hello folks - here's my plan for the week ahead.
Usual kit - but two pass shaves! I've been really enjoying doing this with the Asco Orange which is consistently delivering a DFS. The blade may change over the week ahead - but then again...
Have a great Christmas one and all!

Stumbled across this thread and it piqued my interest. I joined the 2018 sabbatical and wanted to really dial in my soaps/razor/blades.
Thought about sticking with a soap until it’s finished but that was too long since I enjoy variety. That’s why I’m joining this club.

For the coming week, here is my set up

Soap: Tabac stick
Brush: Omega 10065 boar, still trying to break it in. Maybe I’ll rotate between that and my whipped dog high mountain badger.
Razor: Parker Variant, just got it few days ago and learning how to use it.
Blade: Gillette Super Thin. This blade has 11 shaves and will keep using it until it’s a no go.
Post shave: Stirling Executive man with menthol

Have a good week everyone and happy holidays.

Stumbled across this thread and it piqued my interest. I joined the 2018 sabbatical and wanted to really dial in my soaps/razor/blades.
Thought about sticking with a soap until it’s finished but that was too long since I enjoy variety. That’s why I’m joining this club.

Brush: Omega 10065 boar, still trying to break it in. Maybe I’ll rotate between that and my whipped dog high mountain badger.
Blade: Gillette Super Thin. This blade has 11 shaves and will keep using it until it’s a no go.

Welcome! Always room for one more. We look forward to your running commentary on your chosen kit for the week.

Yes, welcome to the SWS!

Eric; M, Karve Diem, BOSC

For the holiday week:
Karve CB razor
Lord Platinum blade, new to me.
Mike's Natural Soap unscented
Various synthetic brushes

May you enjoy the season and have some great shaves!

Eric; M, Karve Diem, BOSC

Welcome! I love seeing others’ setups. More pictures would be cool.

Switch up for Christmas week. The Lord Platinum blade has been okay, not great, but not bad either. So I binned it and am putting in a 7 O'clock Super Stainless (Green) for the remainder of the week. It was the second or third brand I tried back when I started and is still one of my regulars. As is the Mike's soap. So a little "home for the holidays" with some of my original traditional shaving brands!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good shave! (to paraphrase Clement Clarke Moore's poem!)

Merry Christmas all! Welcome to SWS @SAMB08

This week for me...

Parker Variant
Tabac
Rotation of two synthetic brushes
Proraso green preshave
Feather blade
Alum
TOBS sandalwood asl
ES balm

I’ve been enjoying the ATT S2 and the SuperMax Blue Diamond blades so much this past week, I’m going to stick with the blades and just change the razor head. BUT, I’m gonna stay with the slant and just migrate to the S1. Looking forward to another comfortable and smooth week.

Everything else will change though. Here’s what I’m going with:

Pre: Sterling Coniferous oil
Soap: Sterling Gin & Tonic
Brush: Restored vintage palm-wood, Muhle synth badger
Razor: ATT Atlas S1
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond
Balm: Sterling Coniferous

Sterling, Dominica, both favorites. I love the brush handle ..... but synth knots aren’t my favorite. I keep trying, but just don’t love them.

Enjoy your shaves!

proxy.php

I'm still using the same Asco Orange blade that I was using the last time that I posted here (Saturday?). It's still going great guns on two pass shaves over the Christmas period.
This makes me very happy. :001_smile

My set up for this week:
Razor: Fendrihan DE / GSB
Soap: MdC Unscented
Brush: Assorted

Hope y'all have a great week of shaves!

My set up for the week of 12/29:
Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Gillette Super Thin, has 16 shaves with it so far and will keep going.
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat (I put it in a soap commander container)
Brush: Various - omega 10065 and Stirling synthetic li’l brudder
Post shave: alum block, witch hazel to be followed by pinaud clubman

Hope you all have a happy new year!

proxy.php

Yikes 'Bout Time! Maybe it wanted to move out to make room for a knot you love! (lemons and lemonade, so to speak). Hope you get it figured out to your benefit!

For the coming week, I am switching things up a little bit.
Razor: first half of the week will be my trusty Slim, loaded with a Personna Platinum Chrome (UK packaging). Latter half of the week will be back to the Karve, blade TBD.
Brush: various, but lately the 30mm SynBad has been feeling fantastic and helping me get through the puck of soap.
Soap: Mike's Natural Soap unscented

May the New Year bring you blessings, joy, and great shaves!

An update.
I keep an Excel file for shaving, mainly to log what I used and what kind of shave I got. Nothing fancy, like some seen, but something I do to amuse myself! Well, it showed me that since the Karve razor came to me, I have used it 173 times in 2018! My Slim had 67 shaves for the year. I used to always start on setting 6 for the WTG pass, than do one or two more XTG/ATG at setting 5. Well, for the last few days, I have used only setting 4 and rode the cap, like I do with the Karve. And wow, what great shaves the Slim gave me to end out 2018! For the New Year, I will go back to the Karve for a few shaves. Happy New Year to you all!

First week of 2019 Shave Purchase Restraint Sabbatical and I’m actually kind of excited about trying out all the items in my stash that I’ve never used before. Planning something new every week (which is evidence of why I’m in the Sabbatical).

This week will be:
Midnight & Two The Cabin pre-shave oil
Midnight & Two Citrus Island soap
Rudy Vey UK Boar brush
Maggard MR5 Slant razor (staying with slants one more week)
Zorrick Talvar blade (first time ever ..... GSB for backup)
Dominica Bay Rum splash
Midnight & Two The Cabin post shave balm

proxy.php

First week of new year

Razor. Rex ambassador & ATT R1 rotation
Soap. Tabac & PdP
Brush. Rotation of three - Simpson Duke 2 best badger, Semogue Taj Mistura knot, WCS silvertip
Razor. Astra SP mostly
Preshave. Proraso red
Post. Alum, Fine splash
Balm. ABC apricot hull balm

Top Bottom