What's new

Shave of the Week Society (SWS)

First shave with the Zorrik wasn’t awesome nor was it terrible. Sticking with it tomorrow to see if it improves ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last evening I was sniffing some of the remaining soaps in my shoe box in the closet and came across Proraso White. It is one of my few scented products that I can handle. So for this week I am doing the Proraso white trip. My razor is a Fendrihan DE and GSB blade.

Hope y'all have a great week of shaves!
SWS1.jpg

For the coming week, the plan is to continue with the Karve razor, a Rapira Platinum Lux blade, and Mike's Natural unscented soap. Various synthetic brushes will be used.
This past week I used a Super-Max Diamond Edge blade for the first time. All shaves were very comfortable. I will try another at a later date to compare. I got the blade in a packet of samples from Try A Blade, more for fun than to find more blades. I have about 500+ blades right now, so no purchases will be allowed! Back at the end of summer, before 200 surprise blades showed up as "Thank you for your purchase," I thought it would be fun to get a dozen or so pairs of blades I have never used but read about, and try them out. So for fun now I am using a New to Me blade every so often.
Hope your new year brings some great shaves!

Well - today’s shave with the Talvar was pretty rough. Plan to head for comfort tomorrow with the GSB and rest before giving it another chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the week of January 5th, my set up will include

Razor: Rockwell 6s. I am expecting a Razorock game changer .84 to be delivered so I’ll switch at some point during the week
Blade: Kai. This is my first Kai blade and already had 3 shaves with it. Seems like the blade gets better with every shave.
Soap: Stirling barbershop
Brush: Omega 10065
Post shave: alum block, witch hazel followed by Stirling Executive Man with menthol.

Hope you all have a good week.

I must say, the pictures of your kits for the coming week is a nice addition to the thread. In fact a picture says it all.

A day late but my plan this week

Rex ambassador or ATT R1 kronos
Astra SP blade
Tabac & SV felce soap rotation
Proraso red preshave
Brush rotation
Osma alum
Fine aftershave
ABC balm

Well, the Zorrik Talvar blade I tried last week was a fail. This week, I’m going with a Bergamot Lavender theme:

Stirling Bergamot Lavender oil
Stirling Bergamot Lavender soap
OZSaving Cocobolo Silvertip brush
Timeless Bronze 0.38 razor
Gillette 7O’Clock Permasharp Stainless blade
Stirling Bergamot Lavender splash
Stirling Bergamot Lavender balm

proxy.php

Well, the Zorrik Talvar blade I tried last week was a fail. This week, I’m going with a Bergamot Lavender theme:

Stirling Bergamot Lavender oil
Stirling Bergamot Lavender soap
OZSaving Cocobolo Silvertip brush
Timeless Bronze 0.38 razor
Gillette 7O’Clock Permasharp Stainless blade
Stirling Bergamot Lavender splash
Stirling Bergamot Lavender balm

proxy.php
Nice towel. I like dedicated shaving towels. The rest of your kit is nice as well...but I really like the towel.

Yeah .... I love the towels. They were part of why I failed out of the 2018 Shave Purchase Restraint Sabbatical last year. No regrets.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, simple one pass shaves this week. And I have been surprised with how close!

CB Karve with the B plate
Rapira Platinum Lux
Mike's Natural soap unscented
SynBad brush

Eric; M, Karve Diem, BOSC

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
For tomorrow:
Cremo shave cream for preshave
Williams shave soap in vintage shaving mug
Schone open comb nickel plated brass DE razor
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless blade