What's new

SEptember celebration

I really like the handle color on that Injector! AND it came with a plastic case?! When I bought mine, it still had the original cardboard box, but obviously never even had a plastic case, so I had just thought that's how they ALL came packaged. Good to see I was wrong (kinda happens a lot here lately in regards to shaving stuff! Lol!)

Nice to know that blades actually ARE a required part of the shave regimen, as well! Lol! Thank you for so eloquently pointing it out to the rest of us!
The case is from a different razor. I have two with this color handle. I was poking Finn at my own folly, but anyone I can help just ask. Lol

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
So, I put on my big boy pants and went for the Mongoose, this morning. Fortunately, I was not quite the cobra to be taken down. I did manage to nick my chin and open a weeper under my nose and on my neck, but no big deal. It's a pretty smooth and close shave!

This thing is so frappin' huge, I don't know that I ever will want to use it often, but I might surprise myself. I'll see it through the next couple of days (before switching to OCtober), and I'm sure I'll want to get back to it sometime soon after that. It was easier to wield than I expected.

Razor: Mongoose
Blade: Feather AC Pro Super
Brush: Muhle STF
Cream: DRH Eucalyptus
AS: WH + Stirling Rosemary Mint

Last edited:
SEptember 27
Scick Injector - Canadian Black Handle / Schick
Pecksniff's Charismatic Cream
Semogue Boar
Every Man Jack Face Lotion
Pecksniff's Charismatic - Eau De Toilette

proxy.php

SEptember 28
Gem 1912 / Gem PTFE
Crown Shaving Cream - For Vagabonds, Ruffians and Gentlemen
Durance en Provence Badger
NGT ASB
Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue

proxy.php

The past few days I've been using one of my favorite razors. The Ever-Ready 1924 a truly great razor.
$20150928_122428 (1).jpg

SEptember 29 - Fat Tuesday
Gem MMOC - Gold no nubs / Gem PTFE (5)
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Omega 10083 Professional
Retinol ASB
Lucky Tiger AS & Face Lotion
proxy.php

SEptember 30 - Williams Wednesay
Gem Lather Catcher / Gem PTFE (3)
Williams Barbers Bar - Vintage
Vie Long Horse Hair
Aqua Velva Original Sport
proxy.php

Finishing SEptember with:

GEM Damaskeene
Truefitt & Hill rose cream
Semogue 1305 boar
TOBS Eton College

I enjoyed spending a month using only my SE razors.

I guess, I'll end SEptember with my first SE, a Clug Pruf. I bought this razor on looks alone when I first started wet-shaving. I had a blast this month shaving with my SE's
TBOS Grapefruit
Master Blue AS
$20150930_132600 (1).jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I wrapped up SEtember with one more go-round with the Mongoose. I have to tell you that I am quite surprised with how nimble a razor this enormous thing is. The head design is brilliant. I can get under my nose even better than a lot of my thin DE razors. It's a hoss, but it's an agile one.

Overall, this month has been tremendous fun. Until this month, I never had shaved with a single-edged razor (other than my carts), and I realize now what I'm missing out on. I've bought a nice supply of SE blades, now, and I'll be sure to keep at least a couple of these babies in my rotation. This has been a great deal of joy, and I look forward to understanding these razors much more in time.

I had my last SEptember shave today with my GEM Junior Bar razor. It was a month of good shaves with the SE razors!

Top Bottom