SEptember shave #22

Wilkinson 7 Day Razor with Thursday wedge blade
Maggard 30mm B&W
AoS Kingsman LE Bourbon cream
DG Astringent
Humphreys Citrus
AoS Kingsman LE Bourbon A/S balm

IMG_1466.JPG

Maiden shave with the Wilkinson. Awesome razor! Wedge blades took a little to get them honed right on a coticule stone and paddle strop, but once there pure bliss. Have a great day Gents...

Today I brought out the mighty Ever-Ready 1914. This is a razor I have a love/hate relationship with. When I first got it I didn't respect it and I paid dearly. Now we understand each other and with a little tape on the spine of the blade to reduce chatter we get along just fine ;)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEptember 28, 2017
OneBlade Genesis V2
Feather FHS
Rudy Vey RV7 with Shavemac Finest
Reef Point Test Depth
Witch Hazel with Menthol
Cool Water EDT

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Sep.28: Black Hawk w/KAI ProTouch(13) ... B&B Essential boar, Sue ..... P.160 Tipo Morbido .................. Olimon

SEptember 28

First of my two Holy Grail SE razors recently acquired - French Hoe razor

Obtained this from @efsk, who was also nice enough to send me the soap.

Mardor Razor (a common design produced under a bunch of different names)
Mardor wedge blade
Scheerzeep Grone Thee from The Dutch Barbershop (Shaving Soap GreenTea)

I was very surprised that the French wedge blade when properly honed, shaved as well as the Henckels blade. The shaving soap was very pleasant. I had to continually add water to build it to the right consistency, but once done, it produced a rich and very good smelling lather (like sipping a cup of green tea).

Overall, one of the best SEptember shaves I had so far.

28.JPG

September 29, 2017
SEptember shave #23

Blackland Sabre with GEM SS #5
RR Beehive 28m
AoS Kingsman LE Bourbon shave cream
DG Astringent
Humphreys Citrus
AoS Kingsman LE Bourbon A/S balm

IMG_1474.JPG

It was a good shave..... have a great one Gents.

Pal Adjustable
Pal Adjustable.jpg

I've not been an regular participant this SEptember. Sorry about that. But I wanted to close out the month with a razor that both intrigues me and frustrates me. The stainless steel Pal is so emblematic of the Sixties, when it came out. It's my "coolest" looking razor. But it's not easy to shave with. The higher you adjust the razor, the narrower the margin for error, which in shaving is the drawing of blood. But when all factors come together: prep, lather, angle, and careful, deliberate pace, a marvelous shave results.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Injector E2 w/Schick(12) .............. B&B Essential boar, Sue ..... P.160 Tipo Morbido .................. Olimon

SEptember 29, 2017
SOTD

GEM Clog Pruf
GEM PTFE (7)
Speick
Vie-Long BGS 2012 Butter Scotch Bee Hive in Natural Horse
AV Musk​

Top Bottom