What's new

SEptember 2017

SEptember 29,OCMM Gem ptfe se blade -5
IMGP8800.JPG

Silver hawk with heavy handle. This is the key to a great shave with this razor for me.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEptember 29

Finally got to do a real shave with my Holy Grail razor!

Heljestrand SE razor
Henckels wedge blade
Scheerzeep Groene Thee (transferred to a green Captain's Choice Soap Locker)

Now I know why many say it is the best of the lather catchers. It is well balanced, and well built. Very easy to use no pressure as the weight naturally guides the razor. This shave beats out last night's shave which I said was one of my best SEpember shave.

29.JPG

SEptember 29

Finally got to do a real shave with my Holy Grail razor!

Heljestrand SE razor
Henckels wedge blade
Scheerzeep Groene Thee (transferred to a green Captain's Choice Soap Locker)

Now I know why many say it is the best of the lather catchers. It is well balanced, and well built. Very easy to use no pressure as the weight naturally guides the razor. This shave beats out last night's shave which I said was one of my best SEpember shave.

View attachment 824997
Okay, am I the only one here without a heljestrand SE?:a13:

Great looking razor Les!

September 30, 2017
SEptember shave #24

The Last SE shave of the month and decided to do one for the MEN. Manliness is the essence of MAN......

Blackland Sabre & GEM SS #6
Maggard 26mm Granite
AoS Kingsman LE Bourbon shave cream
DG Astringent
Humphreys Citrus
Old Spice Burly A/S
Old Spice Burly Cologne

IMG_1483.JPG

Felt going "Old School" and what better than Old Spice? BURLY, be the Manliest of Men.
Gunpowder, Leather, smokiness and spice. Oh Yeah!
Thanks to all who organized this and made it happen. Hell of a month....
It was an awesome shave by the way....

SEptember 30, 2017
OneBlade Genesis V2
Feather FHS
Rudy Vey RV7 with Shavemac Finest
Reef Point Test Depth
Witch Hazel with Menthol
Cool Water EDT

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Sep.30: Injector E2 w/Schick(13) .............. Graydog horse .................. P.160 Tipo Morbido .................. Olimon

Closed out SEptember, with 29 SE shaves, having started the month with a single Feather AC SS day.

My favorite combination to close out SEptember
HENCKELS WOTAN/DORKO WEDGE BLADE
--
this morning I went with my favorite SE razor paired with a well honed DORKO wedge blade. I looked for the Haslinger grabbed the Razorock PLISSOFT commenced to face lather and was rewarded with a CCS.

Shave completed I splashed on the Fine Accoutrements Platinum and what a great start to my day
image.jpeg

My favorite combination to close out SEptember
HENCKELS WOTAN/DORKO WEDGE BLADE
--
this morning I went with my favorite SE razor paired with a well honed DORKO wedge blade. I looked for the Haslinger grabbed the Razorock PLISSOFT commenced to face lather and was rewarded with a CCS.

Shave completed I splashed on the Fine Accoutrements Platinum and what a great start to my day
View attachment 825113

Such an exquisite example of the henckels! Congrats :)

Closing out September with a 100 plus year old Gem Junior 1900 Lather Catcher.
I used a 100 year old matching Gem blade that came with it.
A nice 2 pass leaving me with a DFS.
Very nice mild shave using my favorite badger brush.
I believe I will be keeping this one.

IMG_3572.JPG

The last day of SEptember- this was not the month I had planned being interrupted by a hurricane.

I didn't get to all of my razors this month like I had hoped. Today I wavered between my auto-stop and my PAL injecto-matic and chose the latter with some reservations.

When I got this razor it was early in my experience and I didn't get a good shave with it so I haven't picked it up since. Now that I know how to find the right angle it gave a GREAT shave!

Hope everyone had fun with this thread I know I enjoyed reading about all of the great SE razors out there! See you all next year :) Don't forget there is a Single Edge Sunday thread you can drop by and show off your razors!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Such an exquisite example of the henckels! Congrats :)

Thank you @Sdm84, this razor will forever have a place in my rotation. I have changed to using str8's for my daily shave but I always manage to get the WOTAN/DORKO some FaceTime.

Last day of SEptember had to be a SE. I missed some days using some new shavettes but hit about 2 out of every 3 with a proper SE, so I'm gonna say, not bad. Thanks to @Sdm84 and @gvw755 for the enthusiasm and getting things rolling and to everyone who participated. Nice to see all the interesting SE's and realize my collection is woefully understocked:001_smile.

Today's shave was with the Ender's razor by Christy. I got some blades from ebay and decided to use one from the one pack that was already opened. The blade was pretty dull, so now I think I may have to open another pack to see if there's any difference. I got through a WTG and XTG but ATG was really tuggy and not getting much done. The handle itself is simple and easy to use and I like the rigid blade with the clip that seems really firmly seated in there. Anybody sharpened these? Is it possible?

Happy SEptember and now time to jump into OCtober!
IMG_20170929_181614331.jpg

IMG_5955.JPG

Last Shave of September:
GEM Jr Bar
GEM coated
Haslinger Schafmilch
Fuller Brush
Pinaud Classic Vanilla A/S

Top Bottom