What's new

SEptember 2017

I haven't seen the annual call to arms about SEptember 2017 or did I miss the thread? I really enjoy participating so I am hoping we do it again this year :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't noticed a thread or a bump of an old one either, but I'd be in. I think I've already started, I've really been stuck on a couple of Injectors and a 1912 lately.

I'm in whether it is a go or not. Even though I got rid of a bunch of my SE safety razors, I still got enough to make the month interesting.

I'm in whether it is a go or not. Even though I got rid of a bunch of my SE safety razors, I still got enough to make the month interesting.

Les do you remember who ran it in years past? I have enough for the month too I think and it's always great to discuss these- they are often overlooked as wonderful shavers!

Les do you remember who ran it in years past? I have enough for the month too I think and it's always great to discuss these- they are often overlooked as wonderful shavers!

When I searched last year's SEptember, it seems that nobody was in charge and it just happened. Nothing to say that it can't happen again. The more you got, the bigger the movement. I got to head out the door now, but when I get home, I will do a call out, and so can you and @troy.

My Sabre and Stainless Hawk have me so excited that I've already been neglecting my DEs. SEptember will be a joy but my SOTDs might be boring with only two razors to share.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
@spidey9, @imatabor, @Feather-man, @garyg, @dkeester I know you guys got SE razors. Time to show them for SEptember!

@lazshav, it's okay to join when you can during the month, unless you are so impressed with the 1912 that you go out and get a bunch more SE razors.

I'll play again - Somebody should call the rools - specifically, are we talking GEM style razors, or including the shavette bladed and injectors? How about the oddballs, Christys, or Wecks, or Rolls et al? I could do a month of Schicktember too ..

IMG_8352b.jpg

Well if someone will contact the mods to change the thread title to SEptember 2017 I'll help run it. I am afraid I won't be able to do it justice so I won't be offended if someone wants to co-pilot :) I think any SE goes- no sense in making a bunch of restrictions. How about we agree that we focus on true SE's and hybrids? Straights and shavettes have their own forum even though they are my first love...

Well if someone will contact the mods to change the thread title to SEptember 2017 I'll help run it. I am afraid I won't be able to do it justice so I won't be offended if someone wants to co-pilot :) I think any SE goes- no sense in making a bunch of restrictions. How about we agree that we focus on true SE's and hybrids? Straights and shavettes have their own forum even though they are my first love...

Sounds good. Modern or vintage is good for me....

Agreed, SE safety razor including Gem type, Schick, Feather AC, Weck, and any odd no longer manufactured single edge. Because of the attention the Focus Dynamic is getting right now, I say we let in half DE bladed safety razors, but not shavettes. @Sdm84, I volunteer to be your wing man.

Since @garyg beat me to the punch, I'll post my 2017 lineup (unless I get more before the end of SEptember or remember I had some other stashed away).

DSC01754.JPG
DSC01755.JPG

Ok partner Les! @gvw755 let's get this done! I think we should strongly encourage at least a photo of the razor you use if not a full SOTD picture. Of course anyone is welcome to post a text entry as well.

Any other rules?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
The Feather AC format is shavette bladed imo, but worthy of a Participation entry I guess. I'd not heard of the snapped in half DE before, other than some other shavette types, but I guess if the goal is to broaden participation why not. Unfortunately that approach has to include the OneBlade also. And the Techmatic if someone really wants to try one again after all these years .. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom