What's new

Semogue SOC Mistura | Your Impressions & Mine

Took 'Milagro' for a spin this evening after work. First impressions - wow, lots of backbone, extremely easy to work with, and dang it sure is purty! I have a feeling we'll be friends for a long while.
Thanks to all of you for the great tips.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Took 'Milagro' for a spin this evening after work. First impressions - wow, lots of backbone, extremely easy to work with, and dang it sure is purty! I have a feeling we'll be friends for a long while.
Thanks to all of you for the great tips.

Milagro will break-in and grow on you.

Happy shaves,

Jim

linty1

My wallet cries.
And it'll get even better as the boar hairs split, and yes, the shipping to Canada (it was free shipping when I purchased mine, was it still for you?) is a pleasant surprise.

And it'll get even better as the boar hairs split, and yes, the shipping to Canada (it was free shipping when I purchased mine, was it still for you?) is a pleasant surprise.

Thanks! Yes it still is, and I had a bit of an oh oh moment because the tracking info they sent indicated Portugal post was going to hand off to DHL Express. Thankfully it was handled by Canada Post. Self clearing for Customs is a pain lol.

Round two with Milagro (side note: perhaps it should be Milagre--that's the Portuguese equivalent)
I really, really like this brush. Honestly, I have no idea as to what my preferences are by way of scrub, bulb, fan etc etc. What I do know is this is really helping me learn how to build consistently better lathers. Hell, I might even give the MWF a go now, darned if I can figure that soap out to date ;)
Here's my set up for today. Goat Away apologizes for his absence, he got distracted by a bunch of shiny tin cans.

IMG_0597.JPG

linty1

My wallet cries.
I forgot how great the mistura brush can be, I haven't really used mine in earnest since Mistura... May? or was it Mistura March? Then. You've inspired me, I just might whip it out and give it a little run.

I forgot how great the mistura brush can be, I haven't really used mine in earnest since Mistura... May? or was it Mistura March? Then. You've inspired me, I just might whip it out and give it a little run.

Wait!

The mighty Mistura - almost forgotten? Already collecting dust?
:eek6:

This cannot be allowed to happen.

Now, in a couple of weeks, I'm going to start a thread which will be called SOCTOBER aka the "Semogue Owners Club-TOBER" .
The month of October shall be the month dedicated to cherish all beloved Semogue Owners Club brushes.. inter alia the SOC Mistura.

You'll be in, too, won't you? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Wait!

Now, in a couple of weeks, I'm going to start a thread which will be called SOCTOBER aka the "Semogue Owners Club-TOBER" .
The month of October shall be the month dedicated to cherish all beloved Semogue Owners Club brushes.. inter alia the SOC Mistura.

You'll be in, won't you? :thumbsup:

So, I'm confused. Do you mean all brushes with a handle like the SOC? Or, do they have to be actual SOC brushes?

3-29-21.SemogueTSN.LE.ThreeBand.New.640.JPG

This one, for example, is an LE three band. It is not an SOC, but the handle is the same as the SOC handle.​

Just curious about the rules.

Happy shaves,

Jim

So, I'm confused. Do you mean all brushes with a handle like the SOC? Or, do they have to be actual SOC brushes?

View attachment 1314708
This one, for example, is an LE three band. It is not an SOC, but the handle is the same as the SOC handle.​

Just curious about the rules.

Happy shaves,

Jim
That one is scare and close enough to be included furthermore it looks lovely :thumbsup:
Jim, Hannes,

the initial idea was to focus on the real deal, the SOC Badger/Boar/Mistura. However, I'd have no issues to see posts showing the SOC-siblings as well... it's all about the fun!

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
Wait!

You'll be in, too, won't you? :thumbsup:

So methinks this is a roundabout way to boost the Portuguese economy -- I'm gonna have to buy another one to give 'em a chance to dry ;)

Top Bottom