What's new

Semogue SOC Mistura | Your Impressions & Mine

I completed the Trinity thanks to @macintoshBR
Taj Boar
Butterscotch Mistura Finest
and now a Cherry Two Band
View attachment 1259603

it’s definitely a beautiful brush and I hope you enjoy it. I’ve always admired the looks of the SOC Cherry, but I don’t know why she and I just didn’t “click”. It’s so new (1 test lather and 1 shave) that it’s still got the wet dog smell 🐶

It has a nice scrub and builds a lot of lather. It’s dense but not Simpsons-dense

it’s definitely a beautiful brush and I hope you enjoy it. I’ve always admired the looks of the SOC Cherry, but I don’t know why she and I just didn’t “click”. It’s so new (1 test lather and 1 shave) that it’s still got the wet dog smell 🐶

It has a nice scrub and builds a lot of lather. It’s dense but not Simpsons-dense
I’m used to boar funk so wet dog is ok :c1:
Looking forward to use all of them side by side and I totally dig scrub.
These are my favorites:
0C6F3227-547D-4D86-8541-1AA5D57DCD4F.jpeg

C1ED97D3-137C-4233-B698-4A49AC0E99A2.jpeg

B2C03183-7656-4681-873D-811C01463106.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I completed the Trinity thanks to @macintoshBR
Taj Boar
Butterscotch Mistura Finest
and now a Cherry Two Band
View attachment 1259603

But, wait, there might be more...

What about the Semogue TSN LE Three Band?

3-29-21.SemogueTSN.LE.ThreeBand.New.640.JPG

3-29-21.SemogueTSN.LE.ThreeBand.New.640.JPG

It's a limited edition. I don't know if they're sold out yet.

There's a recent thread on the brush somewhere on B&B.

It's a very good 3 band; I'm not a 3 band fan in general but I like this one pretty well.

Good scrub.

⬅ Brand new, never wet.​
4-2-21.TSN3Band.WB.Vitos.640.JPG

It's not an SOC but it has the exact same handle shape and size as the SOC handle.

Congratulations on the hat trick.

How do you compare the two band and the Mistura?

Happy shaves,

Jim

But, wait, there might be more...

What about the Semogue TSN LE Three Band?

View attachment 1259931

View attachment 1259932
It's a limited edition. I don't know if they're sold out yet.

There's a recent thread on the brush somewhere on B&B.

It's a very good 3 band; I'm not a 3 band fan in general but I like this one pretty well.

Good scrub.

⬅ Brand new, never wet.​
View attachment 1259934

It's not an SOC but it has the exact same handle shape and size as the SOC handle.

Congratulations on the hat trick.

How do you compare the two band and the Mistura?

Happy shaves,

Jim
It’s sold out, I looked a while ago for it but it’s gone for good.

The 2 Band is on the way from Turkey to Austria and pending that no funny stuff is happening at customs it should be with me in 2 weeks. I will do a family picture and give my first impressions here.

I ordered the butterscotch Mistura from Portugal. I have no idea what shipping times are around the world these days and expected that this could take weeks if not months. But nine days after ordering the brush it is in my country awaiting customs clearance. Looking forward to trying it.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Let us know how it goes, it was a surprisingly quick ship to Canada (east coast) for me, even with their free "Ctt" or whatever it was called shipping method, and I didn't get dinged for duties, which is always nice.

I just received and used my new butterscotch Mistura. Thanks to the enablers on this board, I recently went from having 2 brushes and being perfectly happy, to now having 5 with one more on the way. I have had a boar Semogue for a couple of years now and like it. I also have been using a WCS badger that's not bad. I also have a couple of Stirling badgers that I really like now after using them for the past couple of weeks.

Enter the Mistura. I used it the first time this morning. Let me just say, I wish I had bought this little gem before the others. It is a fantastic brush (even after only one use). It has tons of backbone which I like. It's fairly compact for a 24mm knot (not too much splay). The handle is super comfortable. The bristles are just a tad prickly, but that may change after it gets broken it some. It also produced lather like nobody's business. I like the density...not too dense and not too wimpy. Holds a good amount of water and soap....and easy to clean. Just lovely all around.

I'm going to have to stay off this board for a while....lol.

Top Bottom