What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Independence Day shave

Vintage old spice soap with schick injector model N. Stirling Boar Brush . Followed by Fine American Blend splash .
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Independence Day Shave 20200704

🇺🇸🇺🇸100% Made in the USA 🇺🇸🇺🇸
20200704_165210~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Sabre L2
Blade: Ted Pella Personna GEM (2)
Brush: Century 7090, 22mm Pure Badger (NOS)
Soap: Zingari Man, 'The Wanderer'
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Post-Shave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Post-Shave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave Balm: Zingari Man, 'The Wanderer'
Cologne: Classic Match EdT Spray (Polo clone)

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Shaves with the @Blackland Razors Sabre L2 flow so smoothly. Such a relaxing razor to use. And the results are wonderful! Solid DFS++with minimal touch-up.

The Zingari Man, 'The Wanderer' soap is a top tier soap. Great lather, slick, cushioning and nice post-shave feel. I like it! The aftershave balm pairs up really well. Feels great! :)

Outstanding Independence Day shave. 🇺🇸

Sun 5th July

RR Hawk V3-OC + Super Knurl Handle & Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink [ 2 ]

I changed the Handle on this Hawk, using one from my A plate Hawk. The extra length made a lot of difference a much more comfortable Shave. Got an extra A plate for this Razor to create a nice Razor set.

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg RazoRock V3 with Super Knurl Handle- with A & OC base plates. :lemo:

Razor: Broman
Blade: Gillette silver blue (broken in half)
Pre-shave: Proraso green pre-shave cream
Soap: Proraso red shaving soap bowl
Brush: Mühle nom gustav boar brush
Aftershave balm: Nivea Men sensetive aftershave balm

Smooth shave. Another enjoyable sunday due to listening to the rain while shaving.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave- July 5th 2020- I think my Schick Twin ll blade is coming to end of its life in my Stick Schick injector razor with #32 shave on it. Its getting a little tugging and it has done its job with honors. Very impressive blade for longevity and comfortable shaves and its life is used up as of today. It still knocked off a CCS,DFS,BBS.

Razor: Stick Schick injector L type theme series- MFG 1973, interesting mild razor to look at and gives a nice shave.
Blade: Schick Twin ll injector(Japanese) excellent razor blade, great daily blade - good for 1 or 2 day growth to avoid plugging.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- great scent and excellent lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm - great brush for making later and applying, triple milled soaps no problem, good splay
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups'
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: great shave with my Stick Schick and Twin ll blade.

Sunday Schick shave july 5th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Single Edge Sunday Shave 20200705
Razor: Colonial General V2, Timeless TRH6 Ti Handle
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
shave 20200705_110140.jpg

The Colonial General V2 and the Schick Proline blade are an excellent match for each other. Exceedingly smooth while still efficient and effective.

Very satisfying Single Edge Sunday shave! :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday July 6th 2020- Daily double with a guest razor with a theme from the Oldest to Newest Gem blade razors. It is amazing how times and products have changed in our Gem A.S.R world. I have a Gem Junior bar from 1907 ish and the new TNNSER 2020 3D printed razor leaving approximately 113 years of technology change and this morning I used the same blade in both razors so maybe that is the only Gem product that is sort of stable from it's minor changes over the last Century. 3D printed razors can change our design of razors but still give similar results regardless because the blade is part of what also makes the shave followed by most important personal hand technique. 1st pass WTG and the TNNSER did a nice job of that, followed up with XTG &ATG with the Gem Jr bar with my kind of shave CCS,DFS,BBS in my sweetspot with no drama.

Razor: Gem Junior Bar lather catcher- MFG 1907-11, great milder mid range razor with great audio feedback.
Razor: Tom White TNNSER 3D printed- MFG 2019> great upper mid range razor with great audio feedback also.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) Excellent blade,very sharp,good longevity, excellent price & a predictable wear from blade that also gives back its smoothness through it's life cycle.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore - Excellent soap for scent & lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers- very dense brush that whips up lather in a minute, great brush qualities.
Pre-shave:Shower, brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel for aftershave + Avon "True Gent" balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave in tandem with TNNSER 3D & Gem Junior bar with my favorite Gem Personna SS PTFE blade.

GEMonday July 6th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Gem Micromatic Gold Flying Wing Guiding Eye
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Omega Alum Stick
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200705_081613.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Micromatic Monday Shave 20200706
shave 20200706_141502_2.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914 "Little Lather Catcher", @camoloc Handle
Blade: Personna GEM (7)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers, 24mm Maggard SHD Knot
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: RazoRock Black
Cologne: Al Rehab Silver

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Very much enjoyed shaving with the Ever-Ready 1914 "Little Lather Catcher" (with @camoloc handle) last Micromatic Monday and decided to go for an encore. Happy to report that the 1914 delivered another outstanding shave! :thumbup:

A very pleasurable Micromatic Monday shave! :)

Top Bottom