What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

GEM Damaskene and GEM PTFE blade
C0CBAC57-3E92-4633-BB5F-8F2B9CB572DA.jpeg
B8A8B464-FCC0-460D-A5BC-DB0CBEA41B98.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday injector shave, SEptemper 26th 2021, When I use the injecto-matic it came N.O.Stock I believe, it still had the blank installed + a pamphlet in the case. The Pal branch of ASR spent over 1 million dollars designing this razor and tooling it up in the 1950's. (click on pictures to enlarge)
Pal Injecto-matic ASR Mfg1958.jpg Pal injecto-matic instructions 2 (2).jpg Pal injecto-matic instructions (2).jpg PAL injecto-matic instructions 3 (2).jpg

Razor: Pal injecto-matic, Mfg 1952>? tame mid range injector, nice grip on this handle, great design, interesting history.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out over time + predictable.
Soap: Ach Brito Lavada cream, nice mild scent of lavander + great lather quality's.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Atlantis, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturiser balm(excellent balm + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, + minor irritation + blemish weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Pal injecto-matic with a Personna coated blade.

SOTD,  Sep 26th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20210925_081802.jpg

Razor: Schick C2 Simplified Automatic Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave today, SEptember 27th 2021

Razor: Everready 1914 (AKA LLC)- Mfg 1914-17, excellent mid range, great audio feedback, great results + a joy to use.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + best price per shave SE blade out there IMO.
Soap: Ach Brito Lavada cream, nice mild lavender scent + excellent lather quality's.
Brush: Yaqi 26 mm Rainbow brow whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm( excellent balm + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my ER 1914 with a Gem coated blade.

SOTD,  Sep 27th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday Shave: My son was in town and wanted to do a "Father/Son" shave so I asked if he wanted to try a Lather Catcher and he selected the 1907ish Ever-Ready/GEM PTFE combination and I went with a VB1 Auto Strop and grabbing my vintage Surrey Boar, I used the Chiseled Face Bay Rum he brought and loaded the brush. "I usually use a collapsible bowl to work the lather," he responded as I started doing a face lather, "no need, there'll be plenty to go around." We shared a bit of lather, conversation, tips, a mirror and some valuable Father/Son time and both got a two pass shave in with lather to spare. He was amazed at the closeness of the shave he got from the Lather Catcher, and loved the "Home Alone burn" of the aftershave which is a bit mentholated. I almost skipped on the opportunity because I rarely if ever shave on a Sunday, but I’m glad I didn’t as life is short to not share a shave when you can with your adult son, because as alike as we are, shaving is the one thing that he and I can share and bond over and that makes it all so much better.

Razor: Gem Contour II
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210926_084803.jpg

Top Bottom