What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, SEptember 28th , 2021

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur Version 2, V2- Mfg 2021> mid range this model, has a little more blade feel were I placed the blade, you can tweak the blade a little because they allowed more tolerances than the Excalibur V1. I received a decent shave with this one.
Blade: Feather Pro (1) sharp & smooth with some longevity, razor comes with a Feather blade.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco , nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities. Nice soap to pick a fellow up in the middle of winter.
Brush: Yaqi Chiantis 24mm, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Amici ( nice mild citrus scent) with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(excellent + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur V2 with a Feather Pro.

SOTD,  Sep 28th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Can't upload photos with Tapatalk until their next update[emoji2962][emoji15][emoji43]‍[emoji94]

Le Blanc Shea Soap Preshsve
Occam's Enoch / Schick Proline (16)
SV Desert Vetiver Soap and Balm

Blade starting to dull, binned.

Kampfe Bros LC/GEM PTFE
Proraso Green
Omega Jade Boar
Pinaud Clubman

A great & fun DFS+ shave. All of the products & tools worked great together.

Off to the VA for poking, prodding, and whatever else they can think of. Needed the nice shave to set the mood. (My wife says I can be grouchy…Say What!?)
C3EA5623-29A7-4F2B-A5DD-FE100BF6A61C.jpeg
72C18537-F874-4FC0-B407-C244D272D9C8.jpeg
FBF5635B-0A48-49EC-AB7B-FB23740369E1.jpeg

Razor: Parker V1 Adjustable Injector
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder