What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

EVER-READY 1914 Little Lather Catcher and a GEM PTFE blade. Quite the nice shaver.
018DE8C2-8063-464A-9557-56A3AE11AEB4.jpeg
AF2CBC4D-148B-4AAA-B323-E686F1472DAF.jpeg

Razor: Parker V1 Adjustable Injector
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210907_083853.jpg

GEM Clog Pruf
New Ted Pella SS PTFE
Did extra prep for this shave, as I wanted to make sure I gave this razor a fair review (had 1 previous shave that was so so).

I found the previous shave to be “draggy”. I even put mineral oil on the teeth and bar and cap for this shave.

3 pass shave (with, against, across).
DFS, but I did get a small weeper at the edge of my mouth. Very strange, as I seldom get any nicks or cuts.

I’ve been using the Schick G1 for the past 9 shaves, and it is my daily driver. I’m on shave #9 on the sChick blade, and it’s not even close to done; honestly, I can tell no difference between #9 and #1. Super smooth, super fast and carefree, and super close and long lasting shaves.

I was shaving slowly and carefully with the CP. The final shave was not as good as the G, and took much longer and also gave me a nick and more burn.

The old Schick ads say something to the effect of “shave your beard, not your skin/face”. There’s definitely something to that.

I’m not giving up on the CP… I love the look and the concept of the MMs… the mechanism is elegant and so well engineered and executed. 80 years old, well used, and still going strong. I’ll try this same blade in my HFT g-bar and compare to the CP (after I’ve shaved a couple times with the G for recovery). 🙂

63ECAD15-56DF-4103-AAE7-1805BEC16FCB.jpeg

Schick G1
sChick blade (9)
Very good shave.

I’ve found that the flatter I shave with this, the closer yet less irritating the shave is. I get almost no burn from this razor/blade combo.

I did have some from the Clog Pruf yesterday, but I must admit the shave from the CP was very long lasting.
56C5573F-0841-401E-B27C-58DEAA0CC8AA.jpeg

Top Bottom