What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

8/15/20
💈SOTD💈
Razor: 1910 Gem Junior Bar Lather Catcher
Blade: Vintage Gem Duridium (3) honed by me
Brush: Omega 10098 Professional Boar
Soap: B&M Bay Rum
Astringent: Osma Alum block
Aftershave Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn.
Still amazed with this razor and blade combo. This is my first attempt at honing a razor blade and this is the third shave after my honing and it shaves just like my straight razor. I just love this razor.
20200815_122732.jpg

Razor: PAL Injecto-Matic
Blade: Personna Injector
Razor2: Gillette Old Type head on fat Tech handle
Blade2: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200815_075257.jpg

Cross-posting to save typing...
Razor: RazoRock Hawk v2
Blade: Feather AC Pro (1)
Brush: RazoRock BC Plissoft synthetic
Cream: Gillette Pure

Really fine shave today, very close with no irritation and I nearly nailed a one-pass shave in some spots; 9/10. It's almost second nature to shave with this razor now and someday I hope to be good enough with it to pull off a true one-pass shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Aug 17th 2020

Razor: Everready Streamline 2nd generation-Mfg 1949-53, good blade feel and can deliver a great shave,technique is all about this razor IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, sharp and great longevity.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild scent with excellent lather properties.
Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf 24 mm synthetic- great brush for creating lather with those cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17: Great shave with my A.S.R ER streamline 2nd gen.

MMMonday, Aug 17th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!Stay safe in these times!

After a rough shave yesterday, for no apparent rhyme or reason, other than perhaps a bad blade, I pulled out the OneBlade this morning, with a freshly modified GEM blade.

Holy Cr@p, every single spot from yesterday was opened back up, or seams to have been. It was a close shave, but not pretty. Not sure if it was left overs from yesterday's shave with the GEM Bullet Tip, or perhaps two questionable blades? - They were both from the same pack, one as it came from the holder, and today's modified for the OneBlade Genesis. (Going to open a fresh pack of GEM blades for the next round, after I give the face a day or two to heal, so as not to open any of them back up). Honestly, a can lid might have done less damage.

After the Alum block, I simply applied a healthy dose of Pacific Shaving Caffeinated Balm, and then hit two squires of Halston for Men below the neck line.

I blame 2020! :cursing:

Top Bottom