What's new

Scotch start

JW Blue is preternaturally smooth. Kind of a marvel. Scotch even those that do not like Scotch would like. To me rather far out of the norm. Still everyone should have a taste to experience.

That might be the best description I've heard yet.

Of all the JW's the Blue really is my favorite. Possible of all the blends, perhaps because it is so far out of the norm.

However to answer the origional question, I would recommed the Glenlivit of of your list.

If however you should come across a bottle of Glenmoranjie Sherry Oak Finish, I found it to be very very nice.

But as it has been stated already, try many and find which one you like. Everyone has their own tastes and you're preference in scotch is a very personal thing. Once you find it keep a bottle on hand but keep trying other ones when out and about. Remember, half the fun is the journey. :001_smile

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I got a bottle of Ardbeg today, will try tonight... 10yo I think...

Well, tried it... That one isn't for me. I didn't like the taste. I guess Johnny Walker blue is next on the list!

The only way I can drink The Glenlivet 12 is if I first have a glass of The Glenlivet 18. :rolleyes:

It might actually be easier to get into Scotch if you start with a more aged whisky, and then work your way into the younger stuff.

If you are looking for a smooth irish whiskey I recommend Tullamore Dew, for scotch any of the Johnnie Walker's are good, start with red

Top Bottom