What's new

Schick Proline AC type blades

Tried a proline with my Mongoose today, and it was a revelation, at least when measured against the same Razor with a Kai Pink. Early days, but it's looking good. Wondering now if I need a new Rx at all.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

You already know (?) where I stand - used virtually every AC blade in my Mongoose and an SE1 - I own over 100 Prolines & nothing else.

I got mine from Connaught shaving in the UK, and they are a revelation... Love 'em!! Work lovely with the Mongoose, lovely with the General, waiting to see the result with the Rx, but the word is they should be fab!!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Shave #19 w/ a Proline in my Stainless General on 4 days growth yesterday and I'm still looking for that 5 O'clock shadow to show up this morning!! Easily on par with my Titanium Timeless .95 SB for smoothness and efficiency. Too bad the Timeless gets 4/1 ratio of shave time, I seriously might have to re-think that one...
20180529_075517.jpg

Popped a fresh Schick Proline in the ATT SE1 today, I can easily one and done this blade, perfect right out of the wrapper!

next week i plan on using a proline in my MR SE razor...havent used it in a while since i've been enamored with my Gem razor the past month or so.

Haven't looked at razors or blades in almost a year now. I put my Proline in my General and I shave. That's it. It's kinda sad because it's almost like this combo killed the hobby aspect of it for me. I can buy things but I don't think they will improve my shave.

I guess there's always ASAD...

Haven't looked at razors or blades in almost a year now. I put my Proline in my General and I shave. That's it. It's kinda sad because it's almost like this combo killed the hobby aspect of it for me. I can buy things but I don't think they will improve my shave.

I feel the same about the ATT SE1 with a Proline!

I too load the Proline in my General and it is a great. I also love my ATT SE1 but it's one of the early ones that the Proline won't fit into it.

Thanks to Anthony, aka @rabidus, the Proline is the only blade I use in my SS General. He sent me 4 blades a year ago and I just put the 4th one in my razor earlier this year. I bought a cartridge of them shortly after trying the ones he sent and its still setting there unused so far. I'm 14 shaves in on the 4th blade and usually get 20+ shaves per blade... I'm guessing I have enough blades for the next 5-6 years at least with the little time I spend with my General since picking up the Ti Timeless earlier this year!! I do enjoy the combo very much though.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks to Anthony, aka @rabidus, the Proline is the only blade I use in my SS General. He sent me 4 blades a year ago and I just put the 4th one in my razor earlier this year. I bought a cartridge of them shortly after trying the ones he sent and its still setting there unused so far. I'm 14 shaves in on the 4th blade and usually get 20+ shaves per blade... I'm guessing I have enough blades for the next 5-6 years at least with the little time I spend with my General since picking up the Ti Timeless earlier this year!! I do enjoy the combo very much though.

upload_2018-8-29_17-0-56.png

I have enough Prolines for several lifetimes.

So I take it you prefer the timeless to your General? Are there any SE you prefer over the Timeless?
I kept the SS General because I always get such a great shave from it, especially with a Proline in it. I do use it a couple times a month just to break it up a bit but the Timeless gets the majority of the shaves. The Timeless is the 1st razor I've ever used that I don't get a 5 O'Clock shadow for about 36 hrs so I only have to shave every other day...

Top Bottom