What's new

Schick Proline AC type blades

Haven't looked at razors or blades in almost a year now. I put my Proline in my General and I shave. That's it. It's kinda sad because it's almost like this combo killed the hobby aspect of it for me. I can buy things but I don't think they will improve my shave.

I guess there's always ASAD...

I feel the same way about my SS General with the Proline blade. It’s really all I use any more. Until version 2 comes out. And maybe the other AC SE’s that are in the pipeline.

Haven't looked at razors or blades in almost a year now. I put my Proline in my General and I shave. That's it. It's kinda sad because it's almost like this combo killed the hobby aspect of it for me . . .

Yep, me too, or me three . . . although it’s the SE1 instead of the General, a Proline in a well-designed AC razor is like a dream come true. I just can’t find a good reason to try anything else any more.

I'm really happy to have discovered this thread. I was about to buy more blades for my General but wasn't sure which one. Now I'm pretty sure it will be worthwhile to try out a cartridge of P-30 Schick Prolines. Thanks guys!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
In a safety razor I'm not sure how many shaves I get from a Proline but it is my impression that I tend to throw the blade out before it really needs to go because I decide it would be fun to try a new and sharper blade. Then, of course, I regret it. The first Proline shave is always the worst Proline shave.

In my Feather SS razor the Proline doesn't last as long but still lasts a long time.

I have never counted the uses, but the Proline stays in both razor types at least for ten to twenty shaves and in the safety razor perhaps as many as thirty shaves.

However, I tend to use blades longer than most gentlemen. I'm not bothered by some issues which bother other guys. Also, I dislike most new blades on their first shave.

Having said all that I find the straight razor edge the most acceptable.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Wet shaving for 15 months now, predominantly DE. Two shaves this week with ATT SE2-Proline combo. My two closest shaves ever with virtually no irritation. This keeps up, and I could be putting quite the DE razor and blade collection on BST (2 Wolfs, all the Timeless .95s, CGs, Karves, Paradigm Tis). These shaves have really taken my whole experience to another level.

Well, I just replaced my first Proline. It was still shaving close and irritation free at 14 shaves and was getting a little tuggy requiring more buffing. I could have quit at 12, though may have gotten many more if I were willing to deal with some loss in efficiency. Probably 12 will be my final answer.

Excited as I received this message yesterday regarding Proline order.
proxy.php

Dear Robert,

You will be pleased to know that the following items from your order RCxxxxxx have been despatched.

Excited as I received this message yesterday regarding Proline order.
proxy.php

Dear Robert,
You will be pleased to know that the following items from your order RCxxxxxx have been despatched.

You will like them. They are the smoothest AC blades I have ever used.

Well, I just replaced my first Proline. It was still shaving close and irritation free at 14 shaves and was getting a little tuggy requiring more buffing. I could have quit at 12, though may have gotten many more if I were willing to deal with some loss in efficiency. Probably 12 will be my final answer.

Interestingly, I replaced my first Proline at 13 or 14 shaves as it got very harsh and uncomfortable, yet my second Proline went to 28 shaves. I don't fully understand the difference between the two. I was more consistent about flipping the blade every 2 shaves instead of being very hit or miss about the blade flipping. Could have gotten a dud, or the blade got dinged on something. I found the flipping worthwhile. I use Prolines in my injectors too, and I only get about 14 shaves from it as I can't flip the blade. So that's probably my magic number is 14 unless I flip the blade consistently. Are you liking the Prolines pretty well? I find them quite a bit better in both my AC razors and also in my injectors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm now a proud owner of 100 Prolines. I've also started flipping them every 3 or 4 shaves when I think of it. These are the smoothest i've tried. I don't know if flipping helps but it doesn't seem to hurt.

Top Bottom