What's new

AC Blades

I was hoping people would be willing to share their AC blade experience. I've tried only 3, including the Schick Proline, the Feather Pro and the Pro Super. I haven't yet found a Feather blade, DE or AC that I can get along with, so for now I'm sticking with the Proline. I've ordered some Kai pink since they seem to get some love around here. I've never tried a guarded blade, but I don't think they'd fit my Paradigm razor. That's the extent of my knowledge on AC blades.

I was hoping people would be willing to share their AC blade experience. I've tried only 3, including the Schick Proline, the Feather Pro and the Pro Super. I haven't yet found a Feather blade, DE or AC that I can get along with, so for now I'm sticking with the Proline. I've ordered some Kai pink since they seem to get some love around here. I've never tried a guarded blade, but I don't think they'd fit my Paradigm razor. That's the extent of my knowledge on AC blades.
I generally find the Kai blades to be smoother than Feather equivalents. I don’t have any experience with Paradigm, but this has been the case for me with the Vector and Hawk razors.

I tend to stick to the Proline and Kai pink blades. These work in all the razors I have tried from a Mongoose to the WR4. Feather blades are a little rougher and need a few shaves to smooth out and still aren't as good as the Proline and Kai. Not really a fan of guarded blades but do sometimes use the Protouch MG.

I find the Kai AC blades to be smoother than Feathers. To me, the Prolines are a tiny bit harsh. My favorite AC blades are the Kai Protouch MG and the Kai Blue which can be hard to find; it fits between the Pink and the Red in their lineup.

Here's the AC razors I have experience with -

Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Razorock V3 Hawk and Hawk-A
Blackland Vector (sold)
Asylum Rx-V2 (sold)
Alpha Claymore Evolution (sold)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I gave the Prolines several chances, but they were always rough for me.

I’m ok with the Feather ProGuards, but if I’m going to use a guarded blades, I still prefer the Kai Protouch blades.

I just changed my overall preference to the Kai Titan Mild Pinks after another round of testing. The last time I did extensive testing was around two years ago.

Top Bottom