What's new

Schick J model question

I've got a couple of J model Schick razors. One is a standard silver with black handle and the other is a Golden 500. Both of these shave just fine, but the razor heads wobble a bit (side to side) on both of them. Is that normal for these razors and if not, is there anyway to tighten them up? Thanks much!

Don't know about the J models, specificically, but I had an I model with a wobbly head. It appeared as if the metal head assembly had been inserted into the plastic handle and had worked itself loose from the handle over time. I pulled the head out from the handle as far as it would go (not forcing it, mind you), and put a few drops of red Loctite into the base of the slots in the handle into which the head had originally been inserted. I then pressed the head back down into the slots in the handle and allowed the Loctite to set. Problem solved.

Don't know about the J models, specificically, but I had an I model with a wobbly head. It appeared as if the metal head assembly had been inserted into the plastic handle and had worked itself loose from the handle over time. I pulled the head out from the handle as far as it would go (not forcing it, mind you), and put a few drops of red Loctite into the base of the slots in the handle into which the head had originally been inserted. I then pressed the head back down into the slots in the handle and allowed the Loctite to set. Problem solved.

Cool! Thanks much.

Top Bottom