What's new

Schick Injector - whoa!!!!

My normal weapon of choice is a Cobra Classic. That razor leaves my face like glass - by far the closest shaving razor I have ever used. It's is hyper-agressive though and I usually use a Sensor or Tech when I need a break. On a whim I bought a Schick injector off BST and got some Schick and Personna blades. I put a Schick in and used the razor this morning.

Holy cow. This razor can SHAVE. It's nearly as close as the Cobra Classic, but far gentler than even the Sensor. It's the gentlest razor I have ever used and I think the Tech and Superspeed (and the 400 red Personnas!) are going to sit from now on. I actually looked twice to see if I had a blade in.

Ahhh, that's an L type. Good shaver. I have one, as well as several "G" models. The "G's" are somewhat more aggressive. After trying one, I got a little IAD, and am checking on some NOS injector blades.

If you can find NOS Schick Plus Platinums and Personna 74's, you've reached the pinnacle of injector blade technology.

I am going to have another go at my L type as when i used it for the first time a week or 2 ago i was dissapointed with the results though i also have a 1937 schick which i have yet tried but all these posters saying how good this razor is means to bring it back out and have another try.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
And if you have a thick wiry beard the adjustables are just short of a straight .. using my Type M-2 (I think) this week

I enjoy my 500 very much, and that's with the current Schick-branded blades that are made in China. One day, I'll get a nice E and give it a try. Maybe next year.

Top Bottom