What's new

Scentless Saturday

I always forget about this thread since I use unscented stuff quite a bit of the time and usually work on Saturdays so don't play around on here as much as I'd like.

Having had skin issues for a long time, ingredients and how they react on me are a big deal. One of my favorite soaps was what I used today...the old and original unscented Dove beauty bar. Makes a decent enough lather (I want thin and slick) and no need for any balms or post shave stuff- most of which cause redness no matter how "irritation free" it's labeled.

This stuff has a post shave feel that rivals MWF for my tastes and can be found locally and cheap.

That said, one of these days I need to break down and buy the Canada stuff listed above. That's just a lot of money for me to spend on one soap. ;)

20230228_211829.jpg

MacDuff Soap Company Aspen Parkland. Makes a great lather!

Reactions: Cal

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
5-6-23.Athena.Mike's.SV.30.640.JPG

Mike's is an excellent base. The post shave is great. There are no downsides. I know of no base I like better.

Today's Mike's base is unscented but it is not what I'd call scentless. There is a slight scent, but it's the scent of the ingredients and not an added scent. I'm not a fan of the scent.

The base is so good that I've ordered and am using some of Mike's scented soaps. I like several of them, but not all. I've tried one (the rose) which I don't much like, and another (barbershop) about which the jury is still out.

I like the complex orange, the simple lime, and the vetiver. I have on order the coconut which should arrive by Monday. There are a few other of Mike's scented soaps I'll purchase when available. Some, I doubt I'd like, and doubt I'll try.

No, I'm not saying Mike's unscented is powerfully bad smelling. It's subtly bad smelling. So subtle that today I really didn't notice it, but then again I wasn't trying to notice it. Perhaps the scent has dissipated. If so, wonderful! If not, I can obviously use it on occasion without admitting myself to Big Nurse's ward.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This was one of my best shaves ever.

5-20-23.Athena.Mike's.SV30.640.JPG

Some notes on the shave are here.

My soap today was Mike's Unscented. Sometimes I don't think that means scentless, at least in Mike's version, but today I noticed no scent at all. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but surely nothing jumped out and grabbed me.

For my money Mike's can't be beat.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Saturday's Scentless Soap SOTD
1939-RFB-G_2023-07-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Canada
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (1)
ASL: La Rive Cabana

A fine shave. :biggrin: