Brush: Shavemac olive wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: King C. Gillette (5)
ASL: Duru Limon Kolonya 80°

A superb shave. :biggrin:
I love this team! All is well in ZenShaveLand. :sorcerer:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Grooming Dept soaps are lovely but for me it’s a little too much post-shave residue (using the Kairos base). My skin feels a bit sticky for hours after the shave, with no further after-shave product applied. I’m sure it’s doing my skin good but when I’ve had a good shave I enjoy stroking my smooth face. Don’t know if others find this or not.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
8-13-22.RexKonsul.CK-6.SV.Horn.640.JPG

I kinda sorta think maybe I like the unscented Canada Shaving Soap I've mostly been using for a while even more than I like the CK-6 Scentsless I used today.

I certainly like the CK-6 though. Both are very good soaps. I think I have two other scentless soaps but am pretty sure the Canada and the CK-6 are my top two so far.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I overlooked this thread or I would have shaved with House of Mammoth Z (Tusk Base un-scented) today. I initially was looking for no scent soaps because of sensitive skin and olfactory system. But, I soon was sucked into the world of scented soaps. I still have to be careful as certain fragrance ingredients will trigger a reaction. I find House of Mammoth Tusk base (now manufactured by Chicago Grooming Co) to be a strong performer. I do wish Barrister and Mann would offer a scentless version of Omnibus. Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal was a nice alternative, but ultimately I lean towards non-vegan soaps.

Grooming Dept soaps are lovely but for me it’s a little too much post-shave residue (using the Kairos base). My skin feels a bit sticky for hours after the shave, with no further after-shave product applied. I’m sure it’s doing my skin good but when I’ve had a good shave I enjoy stroking my smooth face. Don’t know if others find this or not.
I would be interested in hearing more on this as well. I have been stalking the Grooming Dept for any potential Kairos SE release updates. I have never tried them but keep getting referred to them.

Saturday's Scentless Soap Shave
SOTD-BRG-P_2022-08-20.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: King C. Gillette (8)
ASL: Pashana American Bay Rum [hair and scalp tonic :crazy:]

A superb shave. :biggrin:
Being a lover of "the burn" I invested in some Pashana HAIR AND SCALP TONIC as used and recommended by Richard (@EclipseRedRing) as ASL! Based on just the one use, I like the scent a little bit more than my beloved Clubman VIBR. "The burn" was only a tad hotter than VIBR... so basically not that much of a burn at all (to my "gimme that burn" skin).

Nonetheless I'll keep using it for a while to see if it will continue to outperform my VIBR; my face and neck certainly feel good (now two hours post shave). Thank you for the (apparently not so crazy) idea, Richard. The price is right too. :001_cool:

How did I miss this?!
:facep:Me too.

So to make up for it here's my Scentless Saturday (September 10) shave, revisited:
SOTD-FSGT-O_2022-09-10.jpg

Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant GT
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (19)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A fine shave. :biggrin:

Has everyone's camera broken down today? :crying:

In case you didn't know, I LOVE PICS. :a50:
Not a great pic but starting to 3017 this 20 year old puck I used to love from a now defunct Ebay seller. Celestial Sensations Unscented. It's a mix of Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Aloe, and Bentonite Clay. Thin lather but great on the skin. I have about 5 of her pucks in storage (2 Unscented, 2 Coffee and 1 Bay Rum). They all have the same formula but fragrance is added to the Bay Rum.

CSUnscented.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Cal
Scentless Saturday SOTD
PF-SOTD-K_2022-09-17.jpg

Razor: Phoenix Filament
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (24)
ASL: Duru Limon Kolonya 80°

A good shave. :biggrin:

Although they're meant to be the same design, the Filament doesn't come up to the same standard as the PBOCS (IMO). That said, it was my first shave with it, and I got the usual BBS finish easily enough.

I do like its weight. It's a tad lighter than the PBOCS, at 13.1 grams loaded. :w00t:

Top Bottom