What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Just arrived this afternoon. I need to find a proper handle for it.
Open head open comb.jpg

Mail call!

proxy.php

proxy.php

PAA DOC in nickel, Ever Ready, Velvet, Ben Hur No. 2 replated in nickel, The Victoria Safety Razor Co.

Last edited:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I think I getting close to being done with the collection... Scored this Old Type Big Fellow this weekend!

Last edited:
Not a razor obviously, but I picked up a nice vintage Wilkinson Sword brush today for a couple of euros, boar I think, feels like it will be a good face latherer. It's just had a wash so it looks a little ragged.

Edit: After a quick Google, it appears they still make a similar version to this day, so it may not be that old actually, still a bargain though.

full

Last edited:
Got my first Aristocrat yesterday. Obviously a 46-47 model, mechanical in great shape but with the gold plating gone on the doors and some spots here and there, but the nickel plating under the gold is in great condition, no scratches or whatsoever.
Had to take it for a ride, and I was very pleased. Great results, mild but still effective.
I compared it to my Super Speed -47 and the head looks identical, but I still believe the feeling was different, more music from the blade and I could feel the blade more. Probably placebo though since it's identical heads.

I also gently cleaned and polished the case with a wax based shoe cream, it made a remarkable difference!

Thinking about if I should try and restore the case inside, but maybe hard to get it right and good looking.

IMG_20190925_170541.jpg
IMG_20190925_211831.jpg
IMG_20190925_172105.jpg
IMG_20190925_172552.jpg
IMG_20190925_170506.jpg

Top Bottom