What's new

Russian Saiver, The Plot Thickens........

was
I have one of these, but the three-piece with the OC/SB combination baseplate. I tried it cap/spacer/blade and found it disappointingly mild whichever side of the baseplate I used, despite an alarming level of blade exposure.

Realising that the Saiver is a tech-based design, I decided I could up the aggression/efficiency by putting my Rapira baseplate in place. I'll be happy if that turns out to be the worst decision I made today - WTG wasn't too bad, although not as close as I'd expected. After attempting an ATG pass I have realised that the styptic pencil I've always been putting off buying is not in fact a luxury
So you used a Tech baseplate on a Saiver? Did you ride the cap? I know this is a few years ago, lol.

Did you know, that $5.90 for 100 Permasharp 1/2 blades have a massive amount of wax on both sides of the blade? I think this will be a feature when loading them into the cap side. No need to split and they are machined straight with the already included adhesive.

My Saivers won't arrive for a bit, but I am looking forward to trying them with the waxy 1/2 Permasharps.

Top Bottom