What's new

Rush R40

Anyone going to see Rush on the R40 tour? I'm really getting excited to see them in Tampa next weekend. I'm taking my 9 and 11 year old sons. I've been watching the first few shows of the tour live on the Periscope app and re-watching clips on YouTube. The band sounds fantastic and the set lists have been great! Here's a clip (posted as a spoiler for those who are going and want to be surprised about what they're going to play) ...

[video=youtube;JhITClT6IAs] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhITClT6IAs [/video]

Last edited:
I would..but not coming close enough for me to go. They're my favorite, hands down. I have a seen them many, many times - so that helps :). Good for you on carrying on the Rush torch with your kids! It's amazing the range of ages I see at Rush shows.

Edit: Dang, indeed, they are sounding great. Awesome Xanadu. Maybe I'll see about making a trek to Chicago :). I love the simple set too.

Last edited:
Yep - Detroit Motor City in June with my 13 and 10 yr old sons. Cannot wait. Saw them once before with SWMBO many moons ago. Wore out several copies of 2112 vinyl over the years. They're the soundtrack to my high school days... Righteous video BTW.

My wife and I talked about it, but.....Geddy Lee can't sing anymore and it sounds horrible. Kind of like Paul McCartney:blink:

I met Lifeson a few years back, of all places in Nashville. I play guitar and go down there often to jam with some of my friends. He is a cool dude and he can kill a guitar. We were at George Gruhn's place and he was purchasing a 200,000k Gibson:w00t:

Top Bottom