What's new

INFO! RUDY VEY GROUP BUY! Sold Out!!!!!

Excited for the brush. I wasn't going to make anymore shaving purchases this year, but I didn't expect a group buy and blue is my favorite color.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Some pictures....I cast the color part first, then it needs to be squared off before the second color is cast.
With this, I get a nice even line, otherwise, the line would be slanted.
Then you see some of my "molds" - repurposed pill bottles....when the material is poured into the molds, I put them in a pressure pot and apply pressure, so all the airbubbles are removed and an uniform cast is the end results without any voids.

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 50

Rudy Vey

Some pictures....I cast the color part first, then it needs to be squared off before the second color is cast.
With this, I get a nice even line, otherwise, the line would be slanted.
Then you see some of my "molds" - repurposed pill bottles....when the material is poured into the molds, I put them in a pressure pot and apply pressure, so all the airbubbles are removed and an uniform cast is the end results without any voids.
Have a short video that shows the wobble, but it will not upload....

Great pictures Rudy! It really is fun to see how the process works.

I'm sure most of you folks have seen our experienced Rudy's brushes before, but go those of you who haven't, we really is really really good at fabricating brushes. I have a couple of his brushes from over the years.

My 2 favorite are the 2018 (I think) group buy which was made of a Jade color material and actual horn. Mine has the 2 band silvertip in fan. Rudy even sent along a small bottle of neatsfoot oil with the brush, which is used to preserve the horn portion of the brush.

The other was the 2014 (again, I think) which was made of a luminous tortoise brown material. This brush handle is so cool...it really glows when light hits it. It's hard to explain, but those that have one know what I'm talking about.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

And sorry I can't remember the exact years of the group buys. I would just go look at the brushes, but I'm on vacation now, and just going by memory. I've only brought my Major with me on vacation. Someone feel free to correct my dates.

Rudy Vey

Great pictures Rudy! It really is fun to see how the process works.

I'm sure most of you folks have seen our experienced Rudy's brushes before, but go those of you who haven't, we really is really really good at fabricating brushes. I have a couple of his brushes from over the years.

My 2 favorite are the 2018 (I think) group buy which was made of a Jade color material and actual horn. Mine has the 2 band silvertip in fan. Rudy even sent along a small bottle of neatsfoot oil with the brush, which is used to preserve the horn portion of the brush.

The other was the 2014 (again, I think) which was made of a luminous tortoise brown material. This brush handle is so cool...it really glows when light hits it. It's hard to explain, but those that have one know what I'm talking about.

The Horn/Jade was 2018. The tortoise was a B&B LE in 2014, a special handle created by drilling out the complete handle to as thin as possible, then filled with clear resin.
1593216791080.jpeg

Top Bottom