What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

And as Rudy said...here she is!!!

Bi-color resin of my school colors. Snowhive (Snowman Shape, with Beehive Ridges)

Ve(r)y Happy. Looking forward to getting it in the mail.

I love looking at all of these great brushes!

Just this morning, I realized that all of my other brushes have been sitting virtually unused since I got my Vey.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Guys, sorry if I am responding a bit slower than normal, but we had a major computer failure this week and I just got my machine back. Since I am a computer tard, I need always help...One of the IT guys from work pretty much brought it back to life, and it is working well now. The problem is that all the e-mails are gone. I hope that our own BrianW can help me to get them back when he returns from his vacation. So, until then, I can easily respond to pm's and new e-mails, but not to the old ones.

And as Rudy said...here she is!!!

Bi-color resin of my school colors. Snowhive (Snowman Shape, with Beehive Ridges)

Ve(r)y Happy. Looking forward to getting it in the mail.

Your school colors look an awful lot like M*chigan colors. Outside of that, it's a cool looking brush.
GO BUCKEYES !!

Sorry, Let's try again.

Georgia Southern!

The Hens could only wish they had 6 National Championships. I'll give you Flacco, and not a fan of Michigan or O-High-HO

Rudy Vey

Computer is back up and working, and I was able to retrieve the missing picture files (all my shaving brush pictures from the last years!!!!) from my off-site back-up with Carbonite. Hope Brian can get the e-mails back as well. I keep you updated. BTW, Carbonite is a great idea and worth the $60 per year.

Rudy Vey

Here is one of my latest restorations:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/296759-what-I-found-yesterday-in-Antique-store-Brush

The brush shown in this post made it to my shop and I found the knot to be in great shape, not hair loss. So, as per the owners request I cleaned the knot, sterilized it and then lathered it up in my hand a few times. Did a splendid job, so no need for a new knot. The I took to the handle. Carefully polishing with a bamboo skewer stick removed the green oxidation layer. A final buffing with rouge and white diamond brought out the sheen of the brass and the lucite. Here is the restored brush:

Attachments

• $IMG_3690.jpg
    $IMG_3690.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,126

Rudy Vey

Another restoration from this week.
Here is my customer's email:

[FONT=&amp]"I recently acquired an Erskine 3106 brush that I purchased from a friend who thought he knew how to restore...epic fail. I believe the brush can be salvaged but I do not have the know how nor the tools required. It would appear the steam method left a film on the handle, it can be sanded I'm certain knowing my finger nail can scratch it off but not completely. I would love to bring this old brush back to life, would you be interested in taking on the restoration?[/FONT]"

The first picture shows the brush looked when it arrived, and the second photo shows it after the residue on the handle was removed, but still with the original old boar knot - now it has a nice Silvertip Grade A in it..

Attachments

• $Erskine.jpg
    $Erskine.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,061
  • $IMG_3691.jpg
    $IMG_3691.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,058
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/296759-what-I-found-yesterday-in-Antique-store-Brush

The brush shown in this post made it to my shop and I found the knot to be in great shape, not hair loss. So, as per the owners request I cleaned the knot, sterilized it and then lathered it up in my hand a few times. Did a splendid job, so no need for a new knot. The I took to the handle. Carefully polishing with a bamboo skewer stick removed the green oxidation layer. A final buffing with rouge and white diamond brought out the sheen of the brass and the lucite. Here is the restored brush:

Hey, that's my brush. It will be here tomorrow with me. I sent it to Rudy and he did a great job on cleaning and polishing it. Rudy is great guy to work with. I can't wait to try that brush. And definitely I will order from Rudy in near future. Thanks Rudy

Just out of curiosity, how do you go about sterlizing the old knot?

Top Bottom