What's new

ROMA - The new Synthetic brushes by Omega

I don't have the Colosseum, I've only seen it, I have the Lupa, but I prefer the Trafalgar T3!
Tnx!

The T3 is an ideal size for me, I wouldn't want anything bigger (or smaller) and the Colosseum appears to be huge. Would be interesting to see them side by side.

I was thinking of getting the Omega Evo (as I really like Omega in general), but then after seeing this review decided that T3 at 1/3 of the Evo's price will do, as they appear to be identical.

If I'm going to get another synthetic brush, it'll be the CH2, but for the time being I'm really enjoying the T3.

Tnx!

The T3 is an ideal size for me, I wouldn't want anything bigger (or smaller) and the Colosseum appears to be huge. Would be interesting to see them side by side.

I was thinking of getting the Omega Evo (as I really like Omega in general), but then after seeing this review decided that T3 at 1/3 of the Evo's price will do, as they appear to be identical.

If I'm going to get another synthetic brush, it'll be the CH2, but for the time being I'm really enjoying the T3.

Personally, If you want a new synth, I recommend Edwin Jagger. I tried the Muhle size M (21mm), it's perfect for face lather but has little backbone. The Edwin Jagger on the other hand is denser and has a great backbone. Muhle and EJ have the same Silvertip Synthetic fibers but knots are set differently. EJ taller and denser, and to me they have the best fibers around, they should be the same or similar to the fibers of Omega Evo.

I have the Colosseum The T3 and the Chubby 3 synthetic. I think the fibre is the same.....and the Roma is very close to the Chubby in size

I have the Colosseum The T3 and the Chubby 3 synthetic. I think the fibre is the same.....and the Roma is very close to the Chubby in size
Trafalgar line use the Sovereign grade fiber and the CH3 was a limited time offer, utilizing that same fiber. CH2 however uses the higher grade, more premium Platinum fiber... or so the legend has it... or their marketing.

FWIW, I was considering getting the CH2 synth, as I have the T3, hoping it'd deliver a more "badger-like" experience. I've abandoned that idea since, as I don't think ANY synthetic fiber can truly recreate the feeling.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
...hoping it'd deliver a more "badger-like" experience. I've abandoned that idea since, as I don't think ANY synthetic fiber can truly recreate the feeling.

I thought the same thing.

I know little about synthetics. I'm not interested in acquiring any more of them. All I ever wanted in synthetics was one good quick drying synthetic for travel, or at least one I didn't hate for travel.

After a ton of homework I settled on and acquired an Omega Evo. To me, it feels and performs almost exactly like a good three band silvertip. I said almost but truthfully sometimes I'm not sure I could tell the difference if I used them head to head blindfolded.

It really is an excellent brush. (For me to say that about a synthetic is amazing to me.)

Sometimes I even use it at home. (Please don't tell anyone.)

Happy shaves,

Jim

I thought the same thing.

I know little about synthetics. I'm not interested in acquiring any more of them. All I ever wanted in synthetics was one good quick drying synthetic for travel, or at least one I didn't hate for travel.

After a ton of homework I settled on and acquired an Omega Evo. To me, it feels and performs almost exactly like a good three band silvertip. I said almost but truthfully sometimes I'm not sure I could tell the difference if I used them head to head blindfolded.

It really is an excellent brush. (For me to say that about a synthetic is amazing to me.)

Sometimes I even use it at home. (Please don't tell anyone.)

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thanks Jim,

I swear I won't tell a single soul about this little secret of yours!

Jokes aside, I was eyeing the Evo, but Chris made it easy for me to decide. After watching this, it was a no-brainer, as it's essentially identical fiber and size at third the cost (at least back then when I bought mine it was).

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thanks Jim,

I swear I won't tell a single soul about this little secret of yours!

Jokes aside, I was eyeing the Evo, but Chris made it easy for me to decide. After watching this, it was a no-brainer, as it's essentially identical fiber and size at third the cost (at least back then when I bought mine it was).

I've not used the T3. I like it's size and looks, but notice the fibers don't quite look the same. To me the T3 fibers look much more man made than those of the Evo. That makes at least some difference to me, but mostly it's about the face feel, water retention, and other performance parameters about which I only know the Evo.

The price difference only matters to me if the T3 really is the same in performance. Maybe it is. I don't know. Not everyone agrees the are the same as you probably know, but most seem to think both are very good so you can't go far wrong with the T3.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I got the 31mm version of this brush a while ago, it feels much smaller than that in the hand. The brush splays very easily and has very little if any glue bump. The scrub and backbone are on the lower end and not enough for my personal tastes. I will be reknotting this brush with a G5a synthetic knot.

Top Bottom