What's new

Omega Evo/Evo 2.0

I was considering buying one of these but i'm hesitant. I owned a Chubby 2 synth and i couldn't stand it. Yeah the tips and hair is super soft and super dense but the amount of backbone just ruins it all for me. The brush resists so much to splay that it eventually irritates my face if i do a few circling motions.
I do own a few other synthetic brushes, also have a G5D which supposedly has a lot of backbone and it does, not sure if more than chubby 2 tho 😂

I am hoping the Evo isn't like that, if you were to compare its backbone with brushes let's say Omega Roma Colosseum (very good for my tastes) or Trafalgar T3? One of my favorites is Muhle STF knot but it splays that much that it becomes troublesome to build a good lather on some hard soaps. So i'm basically looking for the golden mean with this purchase here.

PS: Not sure what the difference between the Evo/Evo 2.0 is but i prefer the old handles that i think only come in the original fibers..

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Evo gets mixed reviews here but I love it. I’m totally with you on the cubby 2. I must have the 1. I like the long handle over the short.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I liked my Evo Original... soft.. didn't throw lather around.... I'm sure Connaught is clearing out old stock.. Omega is only making the Evo 2.0 now. So when one of their regular handles shows up, it's a 2.0.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I only have the EVO original. It's a nice brush, soft tips, I agree with Phoenixkh that it is considerably less likely to throw lather around the room than many synthetics. But it has too much backbone for me. It's fine around the chin area, but my neck is fairly unhappy with the pressure required to keep it splayed.

If you don't care to splay the brush it's excellent. From what you wrote I'm not at all sure it's a good fit for you. I don't know how much variation there is from handle to handle as I only have the one. You might want to consider having Rudy build you an STF brush with stronger backbone and the handle of your choice.

I only have the EVO original. It's a nice brush, soft tips, I agree with Phoenixkh that it is considerably less likely to throw lather around the room than many synthetics. But it has too much backbone for me. It's fine around the chin area, but my neck is fairly unhappy with the pressure required to keep it splayed.

If you don't care to splay the brush it's excellent. From what you wrote I'm not at all sure it's a good fit for you. I don't know how much variation there is from handle to handle as I only have the one. You might want to consider having Rudy build you an STF brush with stronger backbone and the handle of your choice.
I think it's very likely that i'm gonna do that, thanks a lot for your reply!

Top Bottom