What's new

Next Brush

Hello everyone so i have been wet shaving for few weeks now so far i have tried 3 different brushes rotating them. I enjoy badger brush and synthetic brush but enjoy badger brush the most so i was thing about buying a badger brush. I also tried Simpsons Chubby 3 Super (Silvertip) Badger which was to big for my taste. What options do i have for custom brush i know there is shavemac

The size of the new brush i am thinking about buying are Knot diameter 20mm Knot loft 40mm - 45mm and i enjoy soft feel of silvertip badger hair any suggestions and information would really be appreciated and helpful thanks.

Omega 11126 Boar Shaving Brush, Ovangkol Wooden Handle
Total Height: 115 mm
Loft: 55 mm
Knot: 24 mm

Simpson Trafalgar Fibre Synthetic Shaving Brush T2
Overall brush height - 90mm
Handle height - 46mm
Knot loft - 44mm
Knot diameter - 24mm

Yaqi R1818 Aqua High mountain Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
Brush knot diameter: 24mm
Loft size:55mm
Handle height: 65mm
Widest diameter of the handle: 38mm

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
If you liked the Simpson Super grade then how about a Tulip 2 or Persian Jar 2 in Super? Both of these handle shapes are highly regarded by those that own them. I would think that a boar may be a bit scrubby for you, particularly before it is properly broken in. Good luck.

I don't think the badger knots from Paladin can be called Silvertip but nonetheless they are delightful in my experience, and he makes beautiful handles. I have two of his brushes and I'd say they are the top in my den.

I often see Shavemac recommended on here as well but that is a brand I have yet to try.

Even though Simpsons Best grade can vary wildly, I find the Classic 1 in Best to be more comfortable than my synthetic T1 and T2. It’s small but is a BIG performer!!

27895E7D-E78C-4732-84F5-C8C674E8A3BD.jpeg

Hello everyone so i have been wet shaving for few weeks now so far i have tried 3 different brushes rotating them...

Omega boar knots are generally very good after break in. One of the best Omega boar brushes available is a special order from Connaught Shaving in the UK. This is the Jade 011842, with a solid resin handle and a low loft 27/52 knot.

1645385308358.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like the Yaqi badger brushes myself, you could try the Yaqi 2band 22 & 24mm brushes. Great lather generators , pillow like soft tips, nice scrubbers and great lather painter IMO.(Not lather hogs also)
Great brushes & middle> of the road quality badger 2 band IMO
(L) 22mm 2 band badger Sagrada Familia...... (C)Yaqi 24mm 2band badger mountain lake....Yaqi 24mm 2band barber pole.
Yaqi #1 22mm Sagrada Familia 2band badger..jpg
Yaqi #1 24mm 2band badger Mountain lake.jpg
Yaqi #1 Barber pole 24mm 2 band badger(2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

You have a similar taste to mine. After trying out a few hundred brushes - I concluded a Simpson’s Persian Jar 2, or an Emperor 2 in Super fit the bill. Over the last twenty years, I have seen many razors/brushes come and go from my collection - but for whatever reason, these two left - and I haven’t re-acquired them. It’s a little goofy I have more shaving brushes than Taylor of Old Bond Street right now, but don’t own two of my favorite! 🤪

Thanks for this post, it sparked an old flame - time to buy my first new shaving brush in quite a few years.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hello everyone so i have been wet shaving for few weeks now so far i have tried 3 different brushes rotating them. I enjoy badger brush and synthetic brush but enjoy badger brush the most so i was thing about buying a badger brush. I also tried Simpsons Chubby 3 Super (Silvertip) Badger which was to big for my taste. What options do i have for custom brush i know there is shavemac

The size of the new brush i am thinking about buying are Knot diameter 20mm Knot loft 40mm - 45mm and i enjoy soft feel of silvertip badger hair any suggestions and information would really be appreciated and helpful thanks.

Simpson Trafalgar Fibre Synthetic Shaving Brush T2
Overall brush height - 90mm
Handle height - 46mm
Knot loft - 44mm
Knot diameter - 24mm

Yaqi R1818 Aqua High mountain Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
Brush knot diameter: 24mm
Loft size:55mm
Handle height: 65mm
Widest diameter of the handle: 38mm

There are many other brushes to consider if you're including 24 mm knots, including Semogue and Maseto and Zenith.

Shavemac also makes some great knots and brushes. Rudy Vey can make you a great handle with a Shavemac knot, too.

SemogueSOC.Mistura.480.JPG

One of my favorite knots is the Mistura by Semogue. It's available in several handles. Semogue makes a very nice brush in what they call finest. (I'd call it two band silvertip.)

Always shop around for price including shipping. Different vendors have different prices. Sometimes exchange rates in various countries can work to your advantage.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom