What's new

Robert Smith CooncatBob of Bob's Razor Works

Bob was a true gentleman, a craftsman and an artist. The loss of anyone who is but one of these lessens the world, the loss of a man who was all three more than triply so.

Rest in Peace, Bob. Our thoughts are with you and yours.

It is without a doubt we have lost a true artist and craftsman, I was waiting to hear back from him regarding a NEW head and a handle for another razor. I now know why I haven't heard from him.

Perhaps the big guy upstairs was in need of some quality shave gear and called him home.

Rest in peace Bob.

In memory of CoonCat Bob. I cherish the 2 wonderful razors you made for me and will continue to remember you kindly every time I use one. RIP!

Sad to hear, Bob seemed like a great guy through email conversations. I will treasure the razor I purchased from him. Rest in peace my friend.

just heard the sad news!

Never knew Bob personally, but he commented on some of my posts and me on his. He did some outstanding work.

Does anyone know the circumstances? PM me if you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really sad news.

I also did not know him very well, besides a few emails, but his work was outstanding and he was a stand up guy to do business with.

RIP Bob and my prayers go out to your loved ones.

We've lost a legend, RIP my friend you truly are a
Badger Buddha!
Searching posts, see one from bob from back in 2006 .. he made an impact on lots of us, 189 page thread

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Don't know how I missed this bad news..my condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Contacoob, a true quality and serious artisan who popularised stainless steel personalized handles. We will miss him a lot in this small community, for sure..

My condolences to the family...

I communicated with Bob a few times and found him to be helpful and a down to earth person. Our community lost an excellent artisan, friend
and contributor.
My two BRW handles I will not part with:

View attachment 249574

My traveling has kept me from getting on B&B as much as I would like...I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. RIP Bob.

My condolences to Bob's family for their loss. Bob's passing is a great loss to the entire saving community. We exchanged several emails about a number of things including his love for Maine Coon cats which of course is the source of his B&B name. We had that in common and it was among the things we discussed. He will be certainly missed.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom