What's new

Robert Smith CooncatBob of Bob's Razor Works

I regret I had no dealings with Bob. My condolences to his family, and may he rest knowing that he brought Happiness to many in the time he was here.

I am truly heart broken after reading about his passing. Bob and I went beyond handles and custom work. He was truly a great man with an honest and genuine heart. You will be deeply missed rest in piece

I just learned about this via another thread.

Bob's work has provided enjoyment and enrichment for so many.
He lives on through his beautiful and durable craftsmanship.

My condolences to his family and friends. I hope they have the opportunity to view this thread to see how much he meant to us.

Just saw this. What a shock. Being a local, I had the good fortune to stop in at Bob's house and shop a few times making purchases and trading NEW heads. I can personally attest to what a genuine, good guy Bob was. RIP and condolences to his loved ones.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Didn't see this until today. What a shocker. I hadn't made personal connection with Bob, but had just sent an email to him asking about Bull Mastiff handles for a couple of NEW heads. I was traveling on business over this past weekend and spent some time in the hotel checking out his website as well as reading reviews of his products.

I'm very sorry for the loss to his family, friends, and this community. My impression is that he must have been a great soul. His work was certainly inspired.

RIP Bob, a master craftsman. I've looked at his website many times and thought, "Someday, I'll get one of those. Someday." I hope that all of you fortunate enough to own one of his creations use them and use them well. His beautiful work will live on long after all of us on this forum have joined him.

I missed this news completely till now. Rust in vrede Bob! Condolences to his family and friends.

One of his handles is attached to one of my fav razors so part of his work even found our shores; one day it will pass on to my son so his beautiful pieces of craftmanship still have a long life ahead.

I was telling my wife several weeks ago about my plan to get a custom handle made by Bob and pair it with a Muhle or EJ head for my 13 year old son. I wanted to give him something he could pass down to his kids. Dragged my feet a bit too long. Bob certainly seemed like a nice man from all of the posts I've read here from those who were his customers.

All prayers and condolences to Bob and his family.

Last edited:
Bob's memory will live on in the works of art he created and in the other craftsmen he inspired and guided throughout the years...
...Part of him will live on longer than many of us. His works of art will endure- and somewhere around the globe every day someone will experience the joy of using one of his creations...
Well said. I am fortunate to own some of his work. These pieces will definitely be passed on.

I too am deeply saddened by hearing of the passing of Bob. I was fortunate to have purchased a fantastic Bull Mastiff handle from him and now use it exclusively. Initially, I told him I didn't like it because the handle was too short, and he offered to replace it with a longer handle when he moved his shop. Glad I had the chance to email him and tell him that I grew accustomed to it quite quickly, and was very happy with it.
Out of respect for Bob, I will take great care of my handle, use it exclusively as long as I can, and NEVER get rid of it.

RIP Bob...

Top Bottom